- In Kishtwar, new clues to national terror networks
NIA sources have told The Hindu the cell that carried out the Delhi attack may have been recruited by the Tablighi Jamaat — an organisation with a massive regional presence, which is dedicated to spreading its ultra-conservative version of Islam.
- General Secretary of the Bahrain opposition Society Summoned for trial
General Secretary of the National Democratic Assembly-has been summoned by the Lower Criminal Court on 31 Oct, 2011 the charges are related to “National safety” or “Emergency Law”.
- Bahraini Forces Martyred a Peaceful Protester
At least one anti-government protester has been killed in Bahrain after Saudi-backed Bahraini troops fired tear gas to disperse demonstrators demanding an end to the Al Khalifa rule.
- Bahrain forces fire tear gas at funeral
Security forces use tear gas and rubber bullets on procession of a man who died after he himself was tear-gassed.
- Dutch govt to ban Islamic face-covering veils
The Dutch government said on Friday it will ban face-covering veils worn by some Muslim women because these flout the Dutch way of life and culture.
- Iraq pressing Iran to free US hikers: Zebari
Iraq’s leaders, including the president and prime minister, have repeatedly called on Iran to release two US hikers convicted by Tehran for spying, Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told AFP on Friday.
- Iraq leaders urge self restraint amid fears of fresh sectarian tension
Iraqi leaders on Friday called for calmness and self restraint to preserve national unity amid growing fears of fresh sectarian tension after the heinous attack on a Shiite pilgrims bus.
- Turkey says may act with Iran against PKK in Iraq
Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has signalled Turkey could launch a joint operation with Iran against Kurdish militants’ main base in northern Iraq, according to reports in Turkish newspapers on Friday.
- Iranian Researchers Extract Nano-Cellulose from Wheat Straw
Iranian researchers at Tarbiat Modarres University managed to extract cellulose nanocrystals from wheat straw (one of the agricultural wastes).
- US, Bahrain in talks on $53mn arms deal
The United States and Bahrain are currently discussing a deal, which, if it goes through, would see the US sell the Persian Gulf kingdom $53 million of military equipment, according to a recent report.