- Tablighi Jamaat and terror links
Despite its seeminlay apolitcal, pacifist stance, Tablighi Jamaat has appeared on the fringes of numerous terrorism investigations across the world including in Pakistan, USA and UK.
- 28 Shia Muslims shot dead by LeJ militants in Pak
Banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi militants on Tuesday shot dead 28 Shia Muslims in two back-to-back attacks that also left several injured in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan.
- Police Detains Activists Over Research Into Shia Community
Jakarta:An Indonesian human rights activist and an Australian researcher were detained by police in Sampang, Madura, East Java for reportedly conducting research on discrimination against the minority Shia community in Indonesia, according to a human rights organization here.
- Bahrain: Is Washington Preparing For ‘Regime Change’?
The persistence of pro-democracy protests in Bahrain in the face of brutal repression may be giving Washington second thoughts about its unwavering support for the royal rulers of the strategically important Persian Gulf kingdom.
- Minister Stresses Trial of MKO Ringleader before Expulsion from Iraq
Iraqi Minister of Finance Baqir al-Zubaidi strongly condemned the crimes committed by the terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) against his nation, and stressed that the group’s ringleaders should stand trial before being expelled from Iraq’s soil.
- Iraq violence leaves five dead
Violence across Iraq, including coordinated bombings against provincial government offices in the western city of Ramadi, killed at least five people on Tuesday, officials said.
- Yemeni Politician: S. Arabia’s Meddling in Yemen Complicating Situation
A prominent Yemeni politician blamed Arab states, specially Saudi Arabia, for the worsening political conditions in his country, saying that their interference has complicated the situation on the ground.
- Bahraini students in UK ‘threatened’
A GROUP of Bahraini students in Britain were allegedly threatened not to take part in by-elections, according to a human rights group.
- Saudi Arabian jails holding more than 30,000 political prisoners, mostly Shia
Activists in Saudi Arabia say there are more than 30,000 political prisoners, mostly prisoners of conscious, in jails across the Kingdom.
- Iraqi Activist Unveils MKO-Al-Qaeda Military Cooperation
Chairman of an Iraqi legal committee tasked with investigating the crimes committed by the terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) said that the committee has obtained documents substantiating a close military link and cooperation between the MKO and the Al-Qaeda terrorist group.