- 25th Shawwal: Martyrdom Anniversary of Imam Sadiq (A.S)
Imam Jafar Sadiq (A.S) was the sixth Imam of Shi’ite world. He attained martyrdom on the 25th Shawwal.
- Bahrain bars protest march to capital
Elections for 18 of the 40 seats in parliament are to be held on Saturday to replace opposition deputies who quit in anger over the violent crackdown.
- 4 Shia Muslims martyred in Sectarian Attack in Pakistan
At least four people were martyred and several others injured when a passenger van carrying some 20 people were attacked by unknown gunmen in Pakistan’s southwest city of Quetta on Friday afternoon, reported local media Aaj.
- Shia Cleric Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Criticizes Bahrain ‘Fake Democracy’
The senior Shiite cleric Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim slams Bahrain’s Persian Gulf discriminate rulers for creating a “fake democracy” ahead of parliamentary elections
- Indonesia deports Australian activist – police
Police arrested Tirana Hassan on Monday in Sampang, East Java, where she was interviewing members of the Muslim Shia community for Human Rights Watch.
- Al-Wefaq calls Bahrainis for a boycotted on Saturday by-elections
Bahrain is set to hold on Saturday by-elections boycotted by the main opposition party, Al-Wefaq, as the pro-democracy protesters vow to escalate their actions.
- Security beefed up in Lahore
The Lahore Police have beefed up security after killing of Shia pilgrims in Mastung and a 10-day house arrest of Malik Ishaq in Rahim Yar Khan has created a tense situation across the province.
- Saudi Shia protest against the meddling in Bahrain
Saudi protesters have once again poured into the streets to rally against the Al Saud regime’s brutal military intervention in Bahrain.
- State failure
Here is a tally of killings and establishment policies that tell a terrifying tale of state failure.Over 500 Shia Hazaras have been killed in Balochistan by Sunni extremists in the recent past.