- Zardari urged to investigate Mastung killings
LONDON: President Asif Ali Zardari has been urged to investigate the alleged involvement of his government in the massacre and ethnic cleansing of Shias in Quetta, Parachinar, Hangu, and Karachi and recently in District Muzaffargarh.
- Police Smash Several Drug Rings in Northern Iran
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Law Enforcement officials announced on Monday that police units in the Northern Qazvin province have disbanded 15 major drug rings and seized large volumes of narcotics in the last 6 months.
- Iraqi VP Asks American Ambassador for Timely US Pullout
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iraq’s Vice-President Khudayr Musa Jafar Abbas al-Khuzai in a meeting with Washington’s Ambassador to Baghdad James Jeffry asked the US to remain loyal to the Baghdad-Washington security pact and pull out its troops from the country as stipulated in the agreement, the American envoy said.
- Bahrain Jails Head of Teacher’s Union, Deputy for “National Safety”
A Bahraini special court sentenced to 10 years in prison head of the teachers’ union and his deputy, along with other citizens over their role in anti-regime protests, AFP reported Sunday.
- Grand Ayatollah Golpaigani: Hajj is not a political issue
“Abiding by the Islamic rules is one of the necessities in Hajj,” said one of the Islamic Jurisprudent.
- Kuwait Court Jails Extremist Man for Writing Anti-Shia Remarks on Twitter
A Kuwaiti court has sentenced a Sunni extremist to three months in prison for writing anti-Shia remarks on his Twitter account, a legal source says.
- Fresh protests held in Bahrain
Fresh anti-regime protests have been held in several villages in Bahrain despite the country’s heavy-handed crackdown on people.
- Bahrain King to travel to Saudi Arabia
Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa is to travel to Riyadh and meet with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, as anti-regime protests continue in the Persian Gulf sheikhdom.
- Bahraini regime detains 50 women
A Bahraini political activist, Seyed Jafar Al-Alawi, has reported on detention of fifty women, in this tiny Persian Gulf island nation, by the Aale Khalifa security forces.
- Bahrain to hold second round of by-elections
Nine parliamentary seats to go to polls again on October 1 after Shia boycott led to low voter turnout on Saturday.