- Contractors to train Iraqis on new military gear
BAGHDAD – Contractors rather than U.S. military personnel will train Iraqis on how to operate new helicopters, tanks and patrol boats, a U.S. military official said on Tuesday.
- Iran plans to send ships close to US waters
TEHRAN — Iran’s navy is going to deploy ships close to US territorial waters, its commander in chief was quoted as saying on Tuesday.
- Iraq struggles to revive ailing date palm sector
BAGHDAD (AP) — After years of wars, sanctions and drought, farmer Qais Nima Khamis says it’s time to save the dates — and bring back to Iraq’s once-regaled fruit palm industry, which once led the world market.
- Imam Reza (AS) birthday celebrations to be held in 52 countries
Ceremonies to celebrate Imam Reza (AS), the eighth Imam of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Infallible Household, will be held in 52 countries by Iran’s cultural offices.
- Bahraini Foreign Minister appeal Iran to help solve crisis
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid ibn Ahmad Al Khalifah has asked for Iran to help the country resolve the current crisis.
- Bahraini opposition: Al-Khalifa regime blocks popular demands
The Bahraini regime is ignoring the legitimate demands of its own citizens who want real democratic elections in the Persian Gulf sheikhdom of Bahrain.
- Bahraini Regime Detain 40 Females Over Elections
Bahraini security forces have arrested and beaten more than 40 females protesting against the parliamentary by-elections in Bahrain, the country’s main opposition group, al-Wefaq, says.
- Saudi Security Authorities Arrested Shiite Citizens in Awwamiyah Town
On 25 September 2011, the Saudi security authorities arrested the Shiite writer and human rights activist ( Ali Hussain al-Dubaisy ) from Awwamiyah town in al-Qatif without charge .
- AP Interview: Iraq-US training deal likely
(AP) UNITED NATIONS — With a year-end deadline for the pullout of U.S. troops looming, Iraq’s foreign minister said Tuesday he believes there will be an agreement with the United States to train his country’s military and talks are already under way in Baghdad.