- Ahlul Bayt (a.s) World Assembly to Take Part in Mexico Book Fair
The publications of Ahlul Bayt (a.s) World Assembly will take part in 25th International Mexico Book Fair.
- Bahrain Doctor Tells of Abuse, Coerced Confession
Bahrain’s attorney general has ordered a retrial in civilian court for 20 doctors who were sentenced to up to 15 years in jail by a military judge last week.International condemnation of the doctors’ sentences combined with protests within Bahrain, appear to have persuaded the government to order the retrial.
- Imam Reza (AS) Art-Cultural Festival to Be Held in Canada
The 2nd edition of Imam Reza (AS) art-cultural festival will be held on October 9 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Bahrainis rally, defy regime crackdown
Anti-government protesters once again have poured onto streets across Bahrain in defiance of a heavy-handed Saudi-backed regime crackdown.
- Saudi Arabia’s Forgotten Political Prisoners Emerge From the Shadows
In a report entitled “Saudi Arabia’s Political Prisoners: Towards a Third Decade of Silence,” the Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC) describes political imprisonment in Saudi Arabia as “an epidemic [which] has not spared any sector of Saudi society.”
- Saudis crush dissent and point finger at Iran for trouble in eastern province
Kingdom wary of popular uprising warns unrest will be crushed with ‘an iron fist’ and plays down protests, blaming outsiders
- No High court relief for haj private tour operators
NEW DELHI: The Bomaby High Court has upheld the legality of government’s new Haj policy requiring all private tour operators to have 250 square feet office space.
- Saudi Arabia Vows An “Iron Fist” Against Shia Protesters
Saudi Arabia government vows to take a hard line on dissent after a protest injured 11 members of the security forces during unrest in the eastern part of the country.
- Forum urges probe into Bahrain crimes
A conference held in Lebanon on the human rights violations in Bahrain calls for probe into the crimes committed by the Saudi-backed Bahraini regime to muffle opposition.