- India hosts forum on 8th Shia leader Imam Reza (AS)
A forum on “Seerah of Imam Reza (AS) was held in Lucknow district of Uttar Pradesh State in India.
- Iran launching channel on Imam Reza (AS)
A global TV channel dedicated to Imam Reza (AS) will be launched on Nile-Sat from today.
- Nahj al-Balagha’s multimedia software to be presented at FIBF
Iran’s Elmi-Farhangi publications will donate Nahj al-Balagha’s multimedia software to the participating authors and publishers of Frankfurt International Book Fair.
- Over 300 publishers to attend Qazvin Book Fair
General manager of Qazvin’s Islamic Guidance and Culture Office said that the 8th Qazvin Book Fair will kick off today with the attendance of some 330 publishers who will display 30,000 book titles.
- UP Shia waqf board wants to register Muslim marriages
Lucknow: In a significant development Shia Central Board of Waqfs (SCBW) has sought permission from Uttar Pradesh government for registration of Muslim marriages.
- Victim of systematic torture AlGuraifi gets disability and paraplegia due to torture by Bahraini forces
From the torture rooms in prisons to the intensive care unit in the Salmaneyya Medical Center (SMC); the suffering of the victim and his family continued as his only crime he is a Shiite cleric
- Amnesty International: Death of teenage Bahrain protester must be fully investigated
The death of a teenage protester in Bahrain last night must be independently investigated and the findings made public, Amnesty International said today.
- US silent on rights abuse in Bahrain
A political analyst accuses the US of practicing hypocrisy in dealing with countries like Bahrain, saying that one must “separate US political rhetoric from its action.”
- US politicians seek to halt Bahrain arms deal
US members of Congress, concerned about the Bahraini government’s response to a popular uprising, introduced a rare measure that would halt a $53m arms sale to the Gulf Arab state.
- Saudi police open fire on civilians as protests gain momentum
Pro-democracy protests which swept the Arab world earlier in the year have erupted in eastern Saudi Arabia over the past three days, with police opening fire with live rounds and many people injured, opposition activists say.