- APNewsBreak: US drops idea of keeping US troops in Iraq past year-end deadline
BAGHDAD — The U.S. is abandoning plans to keep U.S. troops in Iraq past a year-end withdrawal deadline, The Associated Press has learned. The decision to pull out fully by January will effectively end more than eight years of U.S. involvement in the Iraq war, despite ongoing concerns about its security forces and the potential for instability.
- Saudi Shia Peaceful Protesters Arrest by King Forces
HRW accuses Saudi Arabia of arresting peaceful protesters
- Iran attending 1st Int’l Halal Congress in Ankara
Ankara, Oct 15, IRNA – First International Halal Congress opened here on Saturday with a speech by the head of Iran’s Chamber of Commerce Mohammad Nahavandian.
- Saudi Shiite Clerics Condemn Remarks by Sheikh Huthaifi
Thirty-seven Shiite clerics signed a statement entitled “No to Sedition” denouncing the Huthaifi announcement that stabbed the Shia faith and doubted their national affiliation.
- Italy complicit in masking Sadr’s disappearance
During an exclusive interview with NOW Lebanon on the day the Lebanese Supreme Court heard the plaintiffs in the case of the disappearance of Imam Moussa Sadr in open court for the first time, Chibli Mallat–the lawyer representing the families of Imam Moussa Sadr, Sheikh Muhammad Yaqub and Journalist Abbas Badreddin, who disappeared in Libya in 1978–said that new evidence showed Italy had been complicit in masking the role that embattled Libyan leader Moammar Qaddafi had in the incident.
- Bengali Shia Scholar: Some of Bengali Rulers Were 12th Shia
“The rulers of Bangladesh were the followers of Ahlul Bayt (a.s) and some of them were Shia 12th Imam,” Bengali Shia Scholar, Seyed Ebrahim Khalil Razavi stated.
- Biography of Imam Reza published in Azari Language
The biography of Imam Reza (PBUH) has been published in Azari Language.
- Iran to double gas production in 3 years
Iran’s deputy oil minister says the country is planning to more than double its natural gas production to 1.2 billion cubic meters (cbm) per day in the next three years.
- Saudi rights activist detained again by government
Saudi Arabia has detained a 26-year-old human rights activist for the second time this year on October 2 near the town of Safwa in the Eastern part of of the country.
- US withdrawal going on, no immunity – Maliki
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Premier Nouri al-Maliki said that granting immunity to US trainers is not possible after the US forces withdrawal at the end of this year, pointing out that dealing with Kuwaiti Mobarak terminal needs “accuracy and wisdom”.