- Demand to represent Iraq in OPEC – MP
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A Parliamentary Oil and Energy Commission member called for Iraq to have a special representation at OPEC in its capacity as a founder country, according to a statement released today.
- Details of demarcation lines with Iran needed – MP
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Middle Alliance MP Khalid al-Alwani called on the committee entrusted with border demarcations with Iran to expose the details in order to preserve Iraqi rights in its territories.
- Quartet talks due in Baghdad between Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Turkey
Iraqi parliament announced on Monday that quartet talks will be taking place in Baghdad between Iran, Saudi Arabia and Turkey to discuss pending issues in the region upon the initiative of Iraqi Parliament Speaker.
- Turkmen party headquarters bombed in Kirkuk
KIRKUK: Insurgents in northern Iraq blew up the headquarters of the National Turkmen Front party in the disputed, ethnically mixed city of Kirkuk yesterday, Iraqi police and an MP said.
- U.S. troops still hold 20 military bases in Iraq
BAGHDAD, Oct. 18 (Xinhua) — The U.S. forces have only 20 military bases in Iraq which would be handed over to the Iraqi government ahead of their withdrawal deadline on Dec. 31, government spokesman said.
- Interior Minister for complete security to Shia pilgrims in Balochistan
QUETTA Oct 18 (APP): Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik on Tuesday directed for increasing number of law enforcement agencies pickets and enhanced patrolling of the route used by pilgrims traveling through Balochistan to visit holy shrines in Iran and other states.
- Iraq Withdrawal Creates Rift Between White House, Pentagon
A split appears to be growing between the White House and the Pentagon over the future of U.S. troops in Iraq after the Dec. 31 withdrawal deadline.
- Iraq Coinage One Step Closer to Reality
Iraq may soon see its first circulating coinage since 2004, but it might be quite different from what was used in the past.