- Three Saudis arrested for YouTube video
Three young Saudis who posted online a video on poverty in the oil-rich kingdom have been detained after an opposition television aired part of their documentary, activists said on Wednesday.
- Bahrain arms deal moves closer to completion
US state department says it will move forward with a plan to sell $53m worth of weapons, despite concerns, Al Jazeera reported.
- Pakistani Agencies supports killers of 700 Shia Muslims in Quetta
Majlis-e-Wehdat Muslameen (MWM) Pakistan leaders on Tuesday alleged that the intelligence agencies of Pakistan has supported the terrorists organizations involved in the genocide of Shia Muslims in Balochistan Province and Quetta.
- Pro-hijab activists arrested in Azerbaijan
Amid continued protests in Azerbaijan over the government ban on hijab in schools, a state court in Baku has sentenced four pro-Islamic Hijab activists to prison.
- Amnesty fears for Bahraini teacher after re-arrest
Amnesty International has expressed fears for the safety of a former vice-president of the Bahrain Teacher’s Association following her arrest after speaking out against earlier abuses in the Persian Gulf state.
- Bahrain: Repression against Workers and Attacks against Trade Union Rights Are Still Going On
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – The ITUC has once again condemned the terrible repression hitting the Bahraini workers.
- Grand Shia cleric prescribes Islamic economics to help world economic crisis
“Scholars should stand against the economic despotism,” said grand Ayatollah Nouri Hamedani.
- US links Bahrain arms deal to human rights report
The US says it will wait for the findings of a human rights commission before pursuing a $53m (£34m) arms deal with the Gulf kingdom of Bahrain.