- Iraq casualty toll rises in October
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – The number of civilians killed in violence in Iraq climbed sharply in October, according to government figures, amid concerns about security after U.S. President Barack Obama’s decision to pull out U.S. troops.
- Iran sacks oil manager over dual citizenship
TEHRAN Nov 2 (Reuters) – Iran has fired the head of an oil company because he was discovered to have dual nationality — a sensitive issue after a top bank manager fled to Canada during a huge fraud scandal, the Vatan-e Emrouz daily reported on Wednesday.
- Saudi crown prince rules out compromise with Iran
MECCA: Saudi Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz today ruled out any compromise with Iran over allegations of Iranian involvement in a plot to murder the Saudi ambassador to Washington.
- US House committee approves new penalties against Iran
WASHINGTON: A House panel on Wednesday unanimously approved harsher penalties against Iran, arguing that an economically weak Tehran will struggle in its pursuit of nuclear weapons.
- Bahrain replaces Iraq as 2013 Gulf Cup host
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -Bahrain will replace Iraq as host of the 2013 Gulf Cup, the island kingdom’s sports officials said Wednesday, a decision that Iraqis say was politically motivated.
- Triple bombings in southern Iraqi oil city kill 7
BASRA, Iraq â” Three bombs hidden in motorcycles exploded in a southern Iraqi oil city Wednesday evening, killing seven people who were sitting at nearby cafes, Iraqi officials said.
- Saudi Frees 17 Innocent Shiites Held in Peaceful Protests
Saudi authorities have released 17 Shiite activists detained in anti-government protests earlier this year, but dozens more were still in jail, activists said on Tuesday.
- Pakistani Shia ‘Nasir Hussain’ gunned down by Wahhabi Terrorists
The armed terrorists of outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi on Tuesday gunned down Shia Man Nasir Hussain at Namour city in Gilgit.
- Azerbaijani Muslims are urged not to knife animals in public places on Eid al-Adha
The Muslim Administration of Caucuses urges the believers to observe norms of decency when offering sacrifice on Eid al-Adha on November 6.