- Six Anti-Shia Militants Arrested With 25000 kg of Explosives in Pakistan
Pakistan Police has arrested six anti-Shiite militants, and seized 25000 kilogramme explosives from a poultry farm in Mandi Bahauddin in Punjab province.
- Bahrain: Nailing the Lie in Washingtonâs Rhetoric on “The Arab Spring”
US ally Bahrain continued its crackdown against popular calls for democratic rights with the illegal arrest and detention this week of prominent journalist and commentator Jaffar Al Alawy.
- Bahraini Soccer Superstar To Stand Trial For Anti-Government Protests â” Analysis
Bahrainâs soccer superstar and all-time top scorer goes on trial this month for his participation in mass anti-government protests on the Gulf island for which his brother and fellow national team member Mohammed was already sentenced to two years in prison.
- Bahraini forces attacks hundreds of anti-regime protesters
Bahraini forces backed by troops from Saudi Arabia have attacked anti-regime protesters who have once again taken to the streets in many parts of the Persian Gulf country.
- NATO has âno intentionâ of intervening in Iran
NATO has âno intention whatsoeverâ of intervening in Iran, the allianceâs top official said in response to reports that some governments may be planning a military strike against Tehranâs nuclear program, Interfax said.
- Iraq Considers Devolving Power Instead Of Provincial Autonomy
Several Iraqi politicians have suggested countering demands for provincial autonomy on the model of the Kurdish region in northern Iraq by granting more powers to the provinces.
- The daily struggle of Iraq’s widows of war
U.S. invasion, sectarian conflict left thousands of widows
- US negotiating combat troop boost in Kuwait: officials
The United States is negotiating with Kuwait to allow several thousand US combat troops now in Iraq to redeploy to the Gulf emirate to counter Iran’s influence in the region, US defense officials said Thursday.
- Over 20 Iraq’s Karbala Province children injured by plastic blasts
At least 22 children in southern Iraq’s holy city of Karbala have been injured over the past 2 days due to their playing with plastic weapons, firing steel balls,” Karbala’s Healh Director stated on Wednesday.
- 4 explosions, building burnt in mid Baghdad
A civilian was killed and five injured by the explosion of four bombs, while a commercial building was burnt in two incidents, in central Baghdad, security sources said.