- Pentagon Warns against Iran Attack, Calls China to Pressure Iran
US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has warned against “unintended consequences” of any military attack against Iran over the country’s nuclear program as Russia and China have voiced their opposition to fresh sanctions.
- ‘US readies UAE with bombs to counter Iran’
The United States is planning to sell thousands of advanced “bunker-buster” bombs and other ammunitions to the United Arab Emirates, as a part of its efforts to counter Iran.
- Bahraini protesters hold new demos
Anti-regime demonstrators have taken to the streets in several towns and villages around the Bahraini capital Manama, calling for the downfall of the Al Khalifa regime.
- Female teacher re-arrest exposes human rights abuse in Bahrain
Without proper jurisdiction and legal rights, school teacher and Vice President of Bahrain’s Teachers Association Mrs. Jaleela Al Salman has been forced to return to prison by Bahrain police security following her official release from prison while she was waiting for the appeal of her upcoming case set for December 11.
- Agencies look for group which planned to blow up Imambargah
Law-enforcement agencies are trying to trace the militant group behind the young man who tried to attack an Imambargah on Nov 4 but blew himself up after failing to reach his target.
- Bahrain opposition says leader’s house tear-gassed
Bahrain’s largest opposition group says security forces have fired rubber bullets and tear gas at the house of its top leader during attempts to disperse anti-government protesters.
- For Bahrain’s soccer team, shades of Saddam Hussein’s Iraq
A short ESPN documentary focuses on the torture of soccer-team athletes in Bahrain, home to the US Navy’s 5th Fleet, for their faith and political beliefs.
- Sanctions for Syria. But in Bahrain, it’s bring on the Grand Prix!
Syria and Libya may be facing growing international isolation for their own domestic crackdowns, but Bahrain, a close American ally that hosts the US Fifth Fleet and has the full backing of Saudi Arabia, is back in business.
- Al-Qaeda leader arrested in Karbala province
An al-Qaeda leader and another member responsible for many explosions in Karbala were arrested today, according to a provincial security member.
- Iraq Army doctor detained in Diala Province under charges of terrorism
An Iraqi Army doctor, with a lt-brigadier rank, has been detained in the city of Khalis, 15 km to the north of Baaquba,the center of northeastern Iraq’s Diala Province, on Thursday, under charges of “terrorism,” a security source reported.