- Secrecy Row Delays Iraq Inquiry By Six Months
The Iraq Inquiry report will be delayed by at least six months because of a row over the release of secret documents.
- Pakistani police starts crackdown against Shia Muslims in Karachi, 4 Shia men arrested
Sindh Police has been started a massive crackdown against the Shia Muslims in Karachi ahead of Holy Month of Muharram despite the fact that more than 8 Shia Muslims were gunned down by the terrorists in last two months.
- 1st Ghadir Festival Held in Canada
Concurrent with Eid AL-Ghadir, the 1st Ghadir festival was held with participation of about 1000 Shia Muslims in Ottawa, Canada.
- Bahraini rally slams US duplicity
Bahraini protesters have staged an anti-US rally in the port city of Sitra, condemning US double standards toward the recent popular uprisings in the region.
- Iraq: 4 killed in car bomb attack south of Baghdad
BAGHDAD: Iraqi officials say four people have been killed when a car bomb went off next to an Iraqi military patrol south of Baghdad.
- Iraqi women: Winners or losers in a war-torn society?
As the remaining US troops in Iraq prepare to return home, how has life changed for women in the country they are leaving behind?
- Iraq executes Tunisian for mosque bombing
Baghdad – Iraq has executed a Tunisian man convicted of involvement in a 2006 attack on a revered Shi’ite shrine that unleashed a wave of sectarian bloodshed, a justice ministry spokesperson said on Thursday.
- IAEA chief proposes high-level delegation to Tehran to discuss UN report
VIENNA: The head of the UN atomic watchdog said on Thursday he has proposed to Iran a “high-level” visit to Tehran to discuss the body’s damning new report on the country’s nuclear programme.