- Up to 763 contractors to train Iraqi forces
BAGHDAD â” A maximum of 763 civilian contractors and 157 US military personnel will train Iraqi security forces post-2011, if the Iraqi government gives its approval, a US officer said on Wednesday.
- Iraq executes 16 âQaedaâ members for murder
BAGHDAD â” Iraq on Thursday executed 16 Al-Qaeda members convicted of involvement in the massacre of 70 people at a wedding, although they were officially put to death for other murders, a judicial spokesman said.
- University of Qom to cooperate with Imam Hussein Shrine
Manager of the scientific and international relations department of University o Qom has said that the university will sign an agreement with the officials of Imam Hussein holy shrine for scientific cooperation in the next two months.
- Indian Shias get ready for âImam Hussain Mourning’
An air of solemnity is engulfing parts of the old city. With hardly a few days left for Muharram, the first month of Islamic calendar to begin, the numerous Ashoorkhanas here are abuzz with activity. Once the new moon is sighted, it will be black all the way â” the mood, the attire and the ambience.
- Saudi Armed Forces Severely Attack Peaceful Protesters, 6 Shiite Martyred
Two men were shot martyred during renewed Shiite protests in the Shiite Qatif region of Saudi Arabiaâs Eastern Province, bringing the death toll of the country’s latest protests to five, the interior ministry said Thursday.
- Bahrain king vows to change law
The Bahraini king vows to change the country’s laws and make them more compatible with international standards following the release of the report on the government crackdown on protesters.
- Saudi Arabian troops deploy in Qatif to suppress peaceful protests
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Saudi Arabia has deployed troops and military vehicles to the city of Qatif in the Eastern Province to crush demonstrations in the area.
- Bahraini commission: Iran had no role in countryâs unrests
Bahrain Independent Inquiry Commission categorically rejected Iranâs involvement in the Arab countryâs unrests and clashes.
- Shia clerics demand foolproof security for Muharram
Leaders of Shia Community of Karachi on Wednesday demanded of the Government to immediately hold the inquiry of the extra-Judicial killing of Tabish Hussain in a fake encounter.
- Report: US to install new Bahraini king
The US administration is reportedly planning to replace the Bahraini ruler, King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, over his failure to end months of protests in the country.