- Arab League Announces Sanctions on Syria: Case Differs in Bahrain, Gaza
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassem Al-Thani told reporters that 19 out of 22 Arab League members have voted for the sanctions against Syria, which include ending cooperation with the Syrian Central Bank, stopping trade with Syria except of foodstuffs, and banning prominent Syrian regime officials from travelling to Arab countries as well as freezing their accounts there.”
- Funeral prayer of two Pakistani Shia martyred scouts offered
The funeral prayer of two martyred scouts, who were shot dead at Numaish Chowrangi on Sunday on first of Muharram, was offered at Masjid-e-Khairul Amal.
- Pakistan: Muharram mourning ceremonies start amid security threats
Mourning ceremonies in connection with the month of Muharram-ul-Harram started on Sunday across the country to mark the sacrifice of Hazrat Imam Hussain (AS), progeny of holy prophet Mohamamd (PBUH) and companions of Imam Hussain (AS) in land of Karbala.
- Pakistani: Entry of 135 Shia clerics banned in Sindh
The Sindh government has banned entry of 135 religious scholars of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan into the province for 60 days in wake upcoming month of Muharram including the leading terrorist of Sipah-e-Sahaba Ahmed Ludkhanvi and Khadim Hussain.
- Azerbaijan’s Top Shiite religious leader to visit Armenia
The chairman of the Caucasus Muslims Department, Allashukur Pashazade, has decided to attend a CIS Inter-Religious Council meeting in Armenia.
- Muharram Mourning Programs in Brazil
On the occasion of the month of Muharram, martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS) and his companions, mourning ceremonies will be held in Brazil.
- “Fatemeh Zahra (SA), Daughter of the Prophet (PBUH)” Published in Russia
A book titled “Fatemeh Zahra (SA), daughter of the prophet (PBUH)” by Towfiq Abu Elm was published in Moscow.
- Saudi security forces withdraw from Shia villages
Saudi security forces have withdrawn from Shia villages in Qatif in eastern Saudi Arabia following unrest last week in which four people were killed, witnesses said on Monday.
- Thousands in Syria rally against Arab sanctions
DAMASCUS — Tens of thousands of Syrians demonstrated in the capital Monday against the Arab League decision to impose crippling sanctions on President Bashar al-Assad’s regime, an AFP correspondent reported.
- Suicide car bomber kills 19 people in Iraq
BAGHDAD — A suicide bomber slammed a car packed with explosives into the gate of a prison north of Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 19 people, Iraqi officials said.