- 100 Flags to be raise in the Iraqi Cities Coincide with Changing the Red Flags to Black in Karbala Holy Sites
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – 100 Black Flags have been raised in different provinces and cities of Iraq coincide with the grand ceremonies filled with grief and majesty.
- al-Wefaq: Bahrain police state must go
Bahrain’s biggest opposition party says the government should step down because it is a police state and has tortured citizens.
- Pakistani security forces arrest five members of anti-Islam terrorist group of Jundallah
Pakistani security forces have arrested five Jundallah militants, thwarting a terrorist plot in Karachi.
- Processions to Revive the Day of Ashura at Holy Shrines of Imam Hussain and Hadhrat Abbas + Pic
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Many processions revive the day of ashura in the holy shrines of al imam al Hussein and his brother Abu al Fadl al Abbas, AS. They depend on the saying of Allah” and he who respects the Symbols of Allah, surely shows the piety of his heart” and the Prophet’s “The killing of my son al Hussein as an ember in the hearts of the believers that will never cool off”.
- Iranian Students Vow to Continue Protests Until Full Cut of Ties with Britain
Thousands of angry protesters who occupied the British embassy in Tehran in protest at London’s hostile moves against Iran issued a final statement after they were forced by the police to leave the compound, saying that they will continue protests until a full severance of Iran’s relations with Britain.
- US forces involved in Baghdad raid
US forces in Iraq have been involved in a recent mortar attack near the Iraqi parliament in the capital Baghdad, an Iraqi lawmaker says.
- Britain pulls embassy staff out of Iran
TEHRAN, Iran — Britain set in motion the withdrawal of some diplomatic staff and families from Tehran on Wednesday as Iran’s parliament speaker blamed Britain’s “domination-seeking” policies for the storming of British compounds by hard-line Iranian protesters the day before.
- Britain to support Iran oil embargo
LONDON – Britain will support an embargo on Iranian oil imports following the deterioration of relations between the two countries, a diplomatic source told Reuters on Wednesday, in an apparent reversal of its former position.
- UK expels Iran diplomats after embassy attack
TEHRAN – Britain shut down the Iranian embassy in London and expelled all its staff on Wednesday, saying the storming of the British diplomatic mission in Tehran could not have taken place without some degree of consent from Iranian authorities.
- US troop exit marks new beginning with Iraq: Biden
BAGHDAD — Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that his trip to Baghdad ahead of the U.S. military pullout marks a new beginning between Iraq and the United States, but protests in Iraq against his visit demonstrated the difficulties the relationship will face.