- Saudis Bar Aussie Shia Diplomats in Blasphemy Case
Saudi Arabia has refused to allow Australian officials to visit a Shepparton man and father of five held in prison in the oil-rich kingdom for almost three weeks after being accused of blasphemy.
- Pakistani Shia Gohar Aziz Kurd Martyred in Balochistan
Anti-Shia armed terrorist on Thursday gunned down the Shia man Gohar Aziz Kurd in Mastung District of Balochistan province.
- 4 suicide bombers of Taliban arrested, plans to attack Ashura procession
Pakistan (Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Sindh Police arrested four terrorists of outlawed Taliban including the suicide bombers from Karachi and foiled the conspiracy of suicide attacks in Ashura procession to mark the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) grandson of holy prophet Mohammad (pbuh).
- Nasabi Terrorists Torch the Flag of Hadhrat Abbas (as) in Karachi
The Nasabi terrorists in Awami National Party (ANP) on late Thursday night opened the fire on the Sabeel (Water stall) of Muharram at Gulistan-e-Johar area of Karachi.
- Karbala University shares Ashura Mourning + Pics
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Using the way of al imam al Hussein, the students of Karbala University moved in a procession on the fifth day of Muharram 1433, 1 December 2011 morning. They started from the street of al Abbas, then entered al Abbas holy shrine, to the area between the two holy shrines till the holy shrine of al imam al Hussein, AS.
- For the First Time Ever: Ashura Tent in Istanbul + Pics
In cooperation with Ahlulbayt Institution in Turkey, Holy Shrines in Iraq coincide with the Muharram Mourning held an exhibition in Istanbul, in the main square between the Sofia and the Sultan Ahmet Mosques. This exhibition is considered the first of its type.
- Former American Police Chief Known for violence against demonstrators-trainer for Bahraini security forces
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Bahrain’s Interior Ministry says a former Miami police chief will lead training programs for Bahraini security forces.
- We Know What Happened in Bahrain: Now What?
Bahrain remains stuck in what seems an intractable political crisis. Since March its security services have waged a brutal campaign to suppress the country’s pro-democracy movement.
- PM Says Iraq Ready for U.S. Withdrawal
BAGHDAD — Iraq’s prime minister said Saturday that his security forces are ready to protect the country once the American military withdraws by the end of this year, and played down any suggestion that Iraq would become a follower of Iran.