- Bombing sets back efforts to stabilize Afghanistan
KABUL â” The fallout from this weekâs deadly suicide bombing in Kabul has further splintered Afghanistanâs relations with neighboring Pakistan and set back the US-led military campaign to stabilize the region before international troops leave at the end of 2014.
- Iran blocks US âvirtual embassyâ
TEHRAN â” Iran on Wednesday blocked an Internet website the United States was touting as a âvirtual embassy,â and which one senior MP slammed as an attempt to deceive the Iranian people.
- EU sanctions on Iran will impact Europe
EU sanctions on Iranâs oil exports will hurt European refiners which rely on crude from the Islamic republic to help power ailing economies such as Greece, Italy and Spain, according to analysts.
- Iranian Grand Shia Cleric Severely Condemns Shiite Massacre
A senior Iranian cleric has condemned the deadly attacks on Shia mourners in Afghanistan and Iraq, saying that Shiism would thrive, despite all the acts of terror and extremism it faces.
- Saudi Arabia to buy 270 German Leopard 2 tanks to suppress peaceful anti-government protesters
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Saudi Arabia is to buy 270 German-made Leopard 2 tanks, the Hamburg-based weekly newspaper Die Zeit reported Wednesday.
- 1st Ashura Mourning Ceremony in Egypt with the presence of Shia and Sunni Muslims
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Ashura mourning ceremony which was held on December 6 for the first time in Egypt was interrupted by Salafis.
- Ali Akbar (AS) Husseyniyyah Opens in Malaysia
On the occasion of Tasuâa and Ashura (9th and 10th of Muharram), the first Husseyniyyah of Iranians residing in Malaysia was opened in Ampang Point region in the capital city of Kuala Lumpur.
- Saudi Prince Calls For Kingdom To Acquire WMDs
On 5 December Prince bin Turki al Faisal, speaking at the âThe Gulf and the Globeâ conference in the Saudi capital Riyadh urged the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to become a powerful regional bloc by establishing a unified armed force and defense structure.
- Muharram: Majlis held on âteejaâ of Imam Husain
ALLAHABAD: Many majlis were organised in different parts of the city on the occasion of the teeja of Imam Husain on Thursday. The atmosphere turned sombre when the story of the martyrdom of Imam Husain was narrated.