- Hazrat Zeynab (SA) National Congress to Be Held in Qom
National congress of Hazrat Zeynab (SA) will be held to investigate scientific, mystical, spiritual and moral aspects of the character of the noble woman on February 21 and 22 in the holy city of Qom.
- Thousands of Saudi Shias rallied against King Abdullah intervention in Bahrain
Thousands of Shiite people rally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)’s Eastern Province to protest against the military intervention ordered by the ruling Saudi family in the neighboring Bahrain.
- Thousands of Bahrainis gather outside UN office
Thousands of Bahrainis have gathered outside the United Nations headquarters in the capital, Manama, to ask for UN intervention to end deadly government crackdown on anti-monarchy protests.
- Bahrainis protest to demand jobs back
Bahraini workers have protested in the capital, Manama, to call for the reinstatement of all the workers sacked by the ruling regime.
- Iraq to send peace delegation to Syria: Maliki
BAGHDAD â” Iraq will send a delegation to Syria to try to convince Damascus to implement a Baghdad initiative to end months of bloody conflict, Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki said on Thursday.
- Iran demands Afghanistan block US drone flights
TEHRAN, Iran â” Iranâs foreign minister demanded Thursday that Afghanistan stop allowing the U.S. to use bases in the country to launch drone flights over Iran, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- US Iraq withdrawal marks new dawn
For 40 years, Iraq has been one of the most damaged countries on earth.
- Bahrain blogger Zainab al-Khawaja ‘detained in protest’
Police in Bahrain have detained prominent blogger and rights activist Zainab al-Khawaja during a protest near the capital Manama, reports say.