- Minister says smuggling of Iraqi oil goes on unabated
Smuggling of Iraqi crude is going on unabated with contraband shipments reaching as far afield as Afghanistan, Azerbaijan and the Gulf states, said Hussein al-Shahristani, deputy prime minister for energy affairs.
- Key Iraqi bloc to boycott parliament as US exits
The secular Iraqiya bloc, which won most of the votes of Iraq’s disenchanted Sunni Arab minority, walked out of parliament on Saturday sparking a political crisis days after US forces ended their mission.
- Abu Ghraib remains scar on US war efforts
BAGHDAD: He is now a schoolteacher, but Abu Mustafa admits he still sometimes has flashbacks to his 10 months in American custody at Iraqâs most infamous prison â” Abu Ghraib.
- Iraqi delegation arrives in Syria for talks
Iraqi National Security Adviser Falah al-Fayadh arrived in Damascus on Saturday for talks with Syrian officials on an Iraqi proposal to end months of unrest, an aide to Iraq’s premier said.
- ‘Several injured’ in Bahrain clashes
Bahraini police have clashed with anti-government protesters, a day after rights activists said a demonstrator was run over and killed as he fled security forces chasing protesters near the capital, Manama.
- Quran’s view on Imam Ali published in Persian Language
Naghsh Negin Isfahan has published a book on the holy Quran’s view on Imam Ali’s personality and character. Quranic verses attributed to Imam Ali are included in the book.
- Hundreds of Saudi Shiite Muslims rally for release of prisoners in Qatif
Hundreds of anti-government protesters rally in the eastern Saudi city of Qatif to demand freedom and the immediate release of political prisoners.
- Bahraini senior Shiite cleric orders to free prominent activist Zainab al-Khawaja
The leader of Bahrain’s main Shiite opposition group Al-Wefaq has called for the release of a prominent human rights activist, a day after she was detained during a protest rally.
- Bahrain Al-Wefaq Leadr Sheikh Ali Salman to Meet British Minister
Bahrain’s Shiite opposition leader said Friday he is to meet the British minister for the Middle East in London, a week after the Gulf state’s King Hamad visited Britain.
- U.S. hands over Hezbollah prisoner to Iraq
BAGHDAD â” The U.S. military on Friday handed over its last and most controversial prisoner to the Iraqi government ahead of the departure of the remaining few thousand U.S. troops, officials said.