- Iraqis celebrate US exit, but worry for future
BAGHDAD – Even as Iraqis celebrated the departure of the last American troops Sunday, the dangers left behind after nearly nine years of war were on full display. Politicians feuded along the country’s potentially explosive sectarian lines and the drumbeat of deadly violence went on.
- Bahrain to investigate abuse video
BAHRAIN – Authorities in Bahrain on Saturday launched an investigation concerning a video circulated through YouTube and other social media sites showing policemen attacking Bahraini youths atop a building.
- Bahrain al-Khalifa forces attack thousands of mourners
Bahraini regime forces have attacked thousands of mourners attending the funeral ceremony of an elderly man in a village near the capital Manama.
- Ministry of Human Rights Continues Attempts to Take Over Civil Society Organizations and Cancel Bahrain Bar Society Elections
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) -Bahrain Center for Human Rights expresses its concern about the continued restrictions on the role of the civil society organizations and independent civil organizations, and the attempts to control them.
- 8 terrorists arrested in holy city of Karbala
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Eight persons were arrested with terrorism charges, Commander of Mid Euphrates Operations announced here today.
- Senior Shia Cleric: Bahrain crackdown is bound to fail
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Immediately after the huge waves of public demonstrations started in Bahrain in February 2011, the government resorted to violence to stop the unrest. However, the protests continued to spread and people never hesitated to express their legitimate demands openly.
- VP arrest warrant plunges Iraq into crisis
Iraq has issued an arrest warrant for its Sunni vice-president in an anti-terror case, deepening a crisis that one of the country’s leaders warns could force the collapse of the unity government.
- Indian refiners explore replacing Iranian oil-sources
NEW DELHI: Indian companies have begun talks with alternative suppliers to slowly replace Iranian oil, fearing their current mechanism for payments to Tehran for some 350,000 barrels a day (bpd) via Turkey could soon succumb to sanctions, industry sources said.
- Shab-e-Gham on December 24
ALLAHABAD: In memory of the martyrs of Karbala, ‘ Shab-e-Gham’ programme would be organized at Rani Mandi on December 24 from 8:00 pm onwards. Seven anjumans will participate in it.