- Iraqi Sadr Movement Warns of US New Occupation Tactics after Withdrawal
TEHRAN (FNA)- A spokesman of the Shiite Sadr Movement welcomed the withdrawal of the US forces from Iraq’s soil as a victory for his country, but meantime warned that the US is practicing new tactics to continue its occupation of Iraq.
- Taliban seek freedom for dangerous Guantanamo detainees
The Obama administration is considering repatriating some Guantanamo detainees to Afghanistan as part of a diplomatic effort to engage the Taliban, according to Reuters.
- Bahrain to reinstate 180 civil servants, purged from job as part of crackdown on dissent
MANAMA, Bahrain â” Bahrainâs official news agency says 180 civil servants, dismissed from their posts during months of protests and crackdowns in the Gulf kingdom will get their jobs back by Jan. 1.
- Revolutionaries: Media Bribed by S. Arabia to Censor Crimes in Bahrain
TEHRAN (FNA)- The February 14 Youth Movement, a main opposition to the Manama regime, blasted Saudi Arabia for bribing certain countries and media for censoring its crimes against the Bahraini people.
- Displaced by war, Iraqis mourn lost homes
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who fled their neighbourhoods now live in squalor with little hope of returning home.
- Iraqi rift endangers unity government
Barely had the last American soldier stepped across the border into Kuwait than the fragile Iraqi political structure the US military left behind began to fall dangerously apart, as long-standing tensions between Shia and Sunni political leaders came to a head.
- Bahrain Shiites Defy Authorities, Rebuild Demolished Mosques
Bahrain’s majority Shiites vowed Friday to defy the government and rebuild mosques which they say were demolished by security forces during pro-democracy protests.
- Bahrain Independent Commission:5 Bahrainis Martyred Due to Torture
A new report by the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry has revealed that five Bahraini prisoners have died due to torture by the Persian Gulf regime.
- Bahraini police disperse Shiite protest
ABU SAIBA, Bahrain â” Bahraini riot police on Tuesday dispersed several hundred Shiite demonstrators who gathered on a highway leading to Manama in one of increasingly frequent anti-regime protests.