- The Iranian administration has decided to ban opening LCs for importing goods from the United Arab Emirates in response to illogical behaviors of the UAE under the pressure of international sanctions against Iran.
- Bahrain police crackdown on Shia opposition
Bahraini riot police on Friday fired tear gas and rubber bullets at demonstrators gathered in the headquarters of the main Shia opposition group, Al-Wefaq, the group said, adding that some were wounded.
- Twin suicide bombs shake Syrian capital, 40 killed
Twin suicide car bomb blasts ripped through an upscale Damascus districton Friday, targeting heavily guarded intelligence buildings and killing at least 40 people, Syrian authorities said.
- Cleric blames Iraqi politicians for Baghdad blasts
Iraq’s Shiite spiritual leader on Friday demanded the country’s politicians work to restore security, saying their conflicts were to blame for attacks like the devastating bombings that tore through mostly Shiite neighborhoods of Baghdad and killed at least 69 people.
- Saudi Police Surrounded Several Mosques / Saudis Begin Nationwide Mosque Sit-in
Saudi police have surrounded several mosques across the country, including in the capital Riyadh, as activists begin a nationwide mosque sit-in.
- Bahrain urged to free jailed youths
Bahraini rights activists have called for the release of scores of children arrested during anti-regime demonstrations across the kingdom.
- Iraqi Rivals Refuse to Meet in Crisis Talks
Talks aimed at discussing the political and security situation in Iraq were cancelled after political rivals refused to meet on Friday.
- Seminar on “Nahjul Balagha And Human Rights” held in India
The seminar was organized by Depatment of Shia Theology of the university, situated at Aligarh city of Uttar Pradesh state.
- 300 Jamiat terrorists attack the injured ISO members
As more than 300 terrorists of Islami Jamiat-e-Talba on Thursday attacked the injured activists of Imamia Students Organization at Jinnah Hospital Lahore.
- Iran to start 10-day war games in intl. waters
The Iranian Navy will start 10-day war games on Saturday, which will cover a span of about 2,000 square kilometers from the Strait of Hormuz to the Gulf of Aden.