- Suicide bombing kills 20 in northern Afghanistan
Taloqan, Afghanistan (dpa) – A suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral ceremony in northern Afghanistan, killing at least 20 people, a senior police official said Sunday.
- Shiite Cleric, al-Sadr, calls for trial of Iraq’s Vice-President Hashimy under Parliament’s auspices
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Leader of the Shiite Trend, Muqtada al-Sadr, has called Sunday for the trial of Iraq’s Vice-President, Tareq al-Hashimy, under
- Saudi Police Severely Attacked to Hundreds of Shiite Peaceful Demonstrators
On 23 December, hundreds of people in Qatif , Tarout and al-Awamiyah taking part in the “March of Loyalty to Martyrs”, honoring Shia youths killed by security forces last month in Qatif and al-Awamiyah which police and security forces attacked them with live bullets.
- New issues of “Huseini Movement” Quarterly Published in Karbala
New issues of Al-Nehzah Al-Huseiniyyah (Huseini movement) Quarterly were published by International Dissemination Section of Imam Hussein’s (AS) holy shrine in Karbala.
- Kuwaiti Shiite Leader Al-Mohri opposes ‘Persian Gulf Confederation Proposal’
Prominent Shiite leader Mohammad Al-Mohri opposed the Persian Gulf confederation proposal ‘Unity Of GCC States Necessary For Security’, saying Kuwait — the land of democracy, freedoms, constitution and institutions — should not join the confederation as the idea contradicts the first article of the Constitution which states that Kuwait is an independent Arab country, reports Al-Rai daily.
- Bahrainis continue anti-regime protests
Bahraini protesters continue to call for an end to the Al Khalifa regime despite the government’s crackdown on peaceful demonstrations in the country.
- Saudis urge release of political inmates
Protesters have staged more demonstrations in Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, calling for the release of thousands of political prisoners.
- Iraqi VP raises prospect of fleeing
Iraq’s Vice-President Tareq al-Hashemi has said he will not go to Baghdad to stand trial and has raised the prospect of fleeing Iraq.
- Daughter of Iran ex-president Rafsanjani on trial
TEHRAN — The daughter of Iranian former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani is standing trial on charges of making anti-regime propaganda, her laywer was quoted as saying on Sunday after a closed hearing.