- Bahrain medics recall jail ‘horror,’ demand fair trial
MANAMA: Shia Muslim doctors, out on bail in Bahrain pending retrial for their role in pro-democracy protests, look back with horror at months of torture and demand a neutral hearing.
- Mortars hit Iranian dissident camp in Iraq
BAGHDAD – Two mortars hit an Iranian dissident camp in Iraq just days after Baghdad extended a year-end deadline for the camp to be closed as the U.N. negotiated resettlement of 3,000 residents there, the Iraqi military said on Sunday.
- Iraq and UN sign Iranian ‘Camp Ashraf’ exile deal
Iraq and the United Nations have agreed to re-settle more than 3,000 Iranian exiles who have been based at a refugee camp near Baghdad since the 1980s.
- Najaf: Land of Shia Scholarship, Cradle of Islamic Civilization
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Since a thousand years ago, the holy city of Najaf has been the land of Shia scholarship, a sanctuary for the followers of Ahl-ul-Bayt (AS) and a place in which prominent Shia figures and sources of emulation were trained.
- Saudi Arabia: Protesters and reformists targeted in name of security
The last nine months has seen a new wave of repression in Saudi Arabia as authorities have cracked down on protesters and reformists on security grounds, Amnesty International said today.
- Seven Iraqi security members killed in attacks
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Gun and bomb attacks killed seven members of Iraq’s security forces — five policemen and two soldiers — in the Sunni provinces of Salaheddin and Anbar on Sunday, security and medical officials said.
- Bahraini regime attacks protesters
Bahraini regime forces have launched fresh attacks on anti-government protesters in several towns and villages across the country.
- Sadrists call for new elections in Iraq
BAGHDAD – The leader of a powerful anti-American political party in Iraqi parliament is calling for new elections as the country’s worst political crisis in years escalates.
- Severe air pollution hits Tehran
Rising level of air pollution in the capital city of Tehran has forced people with respiratory and heart ailments to stay at home, Press TV reports.