- Kuwait seizes Iraqi boat, deports fishermen
KUWAIT CITY – Kuwait has seized an Iraqi vessel in its territorial waters and deported six fishermen who had been on board, the official KUNA news agency cited a top official as saying on Wednesday.
- Grand Shia Cleric Makarem Shirazi Strongly Warns Bahrain Rulers Crimes
Senior Shia cleric, Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi, referred to the crimes committed against Shia community in Bahrain and said Bahraini rulers will face the outcome of their crimes in near future.
- Iranian Top Shia Cleric appointed Islamic Development Bank Sharia Board
Iranian top cleric is appointed for Sharia committee of the Islamic Development Bank, a leading body to promote finance in Islamic countries.
- Saudi Arabia: Racist society, terrorism exporter, nuclear weapons capable
Iraq and North Korea may have been labeled “the axis of evil” by President George W. Bush but it is Saudi Arabia that is the center of the Satanic universe here on Earth.
- Iraq: Bombings in Baghdad and Nasiriya kill scores
At least 72 people have been killed in bomb attacks targeting Shia Muslims in southern Iraq and the capital Baghdad.
- The Wahhabi Invasion: Saudi funds effort to Talibanise Kashmir
The famed Sufi tradition and spirit of Kashmiriyat in the Valley, already ravaged by decades of insurgency, faces a new challenge. Wahhabism, an austere, puritanical interpretation of Islam promoted by Saudi Arabia, is making deep inroads into Kashmir due to the efforts of the Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith, which calls itself a religious and welfare organisation.
- EU agrees embargo on Iranian crude
BRUSSELS/TEHRAN – European governments have agreed in principle to ban imports of Iranian oil, EU diplomats said on Wednesday, dealing a blow to Tehran that crowns new Western sanctions months before an Iranian election.
- Saharanpur tides over mystery posters amid Shia-Sunni undercurrents
Ahead of the UP polls, there is much speculation about how the “Muslim vote” would fare. However, within the community itself, there is a simmering tension.
- Bahrain Shiites lament their lack of support
MANAMA — Bahrain’s majority Shiites are embittered that the outside world has ignored their brutally crushed demands for a greater say in the country’s affairs for sectarian reasons and their alleged links to Iran.
- Indonesian Shiite Refugees Denied Food, Told to Go Home
Hundreds of Shiite refugees fleeing religious violence in East Java were denied access to water and other basic necessities on Wednesday as the local government urged them to return home.