- Iraqi Security forces arrest 57 wanted terrorists, 14 bombs dismantled
KARBALA (Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Iraqi security forces over the past few days have arrested 57 wanted terrorists in different mid-Euphrates areas, in addition to dismantling 14 bombs directed against the Karbala pilgrims.
- Afghani Shia Cleric: Taliban Qatar office shows US defeat
Washington’s defeat in the Afghan war has forced the US administration to turn to negotiations with the Taliban, said an Afghan official.
- Blast kills Iran nuclear expert amid âcovert warâ
TEHRAN, Iran â” It seemed a clockwork killing: Motorcycle riders flashed by and attached a magnetic bomb onto a car carrying a nuclear scientist working at Iranâs main uranium enrichment facility.
- Japanese Shi’a Translater of Holy Quran Passes away
Translator of the Quran into Japanese Muhammad Qem Safa Fumiu Savada has passed away.
- Iraqi Sunni Martyr Bravely Guarding Hundreds of Shi’a Pilgrims Given Deserving Burial
Nazhan Falih al Jabouri, was martyred while he was trying to stop a suicide bomber to detonate himself among the pilgrimage going to Karbala for Arbaeen, ceremony for forty days after the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (AS), third Shia Imam and grandson of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).
- About 200,000 foreign visitors arrived in Karbala
KARBALA / Aswat al-Iraq: About 200,000 foreign visitors arrived in Karbala to commemorate the 40th day martyrdom of Imam Hussein, the head of Tourism and Antiquities Commission at Karbala’s Provincial Council said here today.
- Turkey responsible for Iraqi political crises – MP
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: State of Law MP regarded the late statements made by Turkish premier Receb Erdogan as “direct intervention in Iraqi affairs”, holding Turkey “responsible for the latest crisis among the political entities”.
- Shias throng Karbala for Arbaeen despite threats
KARBALA: Iraqâs holy shrine city of Karbala was gearing up for the climax of annual Shia mourning rituals on Wednesday, with millions of pilgrims thronging the city amid tightened security. Officials said some 15 million devotees will have passed through Karbala by Saturday, when Arbaeen commemorations conclude, braving the threat of deadly attacks against the Shia community that have killed dozens in the past week.