- 750 Mujahidi Khalq members ready to return to Iran – ambassador
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iranian ambassador to Baghdad announced here today that 750 anti-Iranian Mujahidi Khalq members are ready to return to Iran, pointing out that the return permission includes the leaders of the organization.
- Security plan in Najaf successful – Governor
NAJAF / Aswat al-Iraq: Najaf’s governor Adnan al-Zarfi declared today the success of the security plan for the ceremonies for the pilgrimage marking the death of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed, held in Najaf.
- UN envoy urges Iraqi bloc to ‘fight in parliament’
BAGHDAD – Iraq’s main Sunni-backed bloc should help resolve the country’s political crisis within parliament rather than stage a boycott, the UN’s envoy to Baghdad told AFP on Sunday.
- 17 die when boat capsizes in Iran
TEHRAN — Seventeen people have died after a storm capsized a passenger boat off of Iran’s southern coast, the official IRNA news agency reported on Sunday.
- Saudi cleric warns Al Saud regime
A prominent Shia cleric in Saudi Arabia has warned the kingdom against the brutal crackdown on protesters amid ongoing anti-regime demonstrations in Eastern Province.
- Iraq Seeks Bids for $450 Million Monorail Project in Karbala
Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) — Iraq’s southern Karbala province invited bids for a $450 million monorail project, the head of the region’s investment agency said.
- Soldier killed, three injured in Kurram incidents
PARACHINAR: A Frontier Corps (FC) soldier was killed and three others sustained injuries in three separate incidents in Kurram Agency on Saturday, official sources said.
- Najaf airport receives 30,000 foreign pilgrims within two weeks
Najaf (AIN) -The manager of Najaf airport, Essa al-Shimmari, announced receiving “more than 30,000 Arab and foreign pilgrims within the last two weeks.”
- Najaf receive more than 4 million visitors
Najaf (AIN) -Najaf Province announced receiving more than four million visitors on the occasion of Prophet Mohammad Death [may peace be upon him].