- Syria government and rivals trade blame for Aleppo blasts
The Syrian government and opposition have blamed each other for two bombs targeting security compounds in the country’s second city, Aleppo.
- Shia protester shot dead in east Saudi Arabia: activists
Security forces opened fire on a demonstration in Saudi Arabia’s oil-rich east, fatally wounding one Shia protester and injuring several others, activists and witnesses said on Friday.
- Take legal action against writer: Shiite MPs to govt
Shiite MPs and citizens have called on the government to quickly take the necessary legal action against Mohamed Al-Mulaifi, a Kuwaiti writer they accused of offending Shiites in his articles and on social networking sites like Twitter.
- Bahrain anti-government protesters seek new ‘Freedom Square’ for uprising anniversary
Tens of thousands of anti-government protesters in Bahrain are streaming toward a site they seek to occupy for the one-year anniversary of their uprising in the Gulf kingdom.
- U.S. officials: Al-Qaida behind Syria bombings
The Iraqi branch of al-Qaida, seeking to exploit the bloody turmoil in Syria to reassert its potency, carried out two recent bombings in the Syrian capital, Damascus, and likely was behind suicide bombings Friday that killed at least 28 people in the largest city, Aleppo, U.S. officials told McClatchy Newspapers.
- Political parties dominate tourism companies in Iraq – sources
Najaf tourism sources disclosed that there are tourism companies belonging to government parties that control religious tourism in Iraq.
- Sadrist call for dialogue with Turkey initiation of problem resolution – MP
An Al-Muwatin Bloc MP described a Sadrist Trend leader’s call to solve Iraqi-Turkish problems by peaceful means as the “initiation of dialogue between the two countries”.
- India against more sanctions on Iran
India and the European Union (EU) made progress on their Broad-based Trade and Investment Agreement and nominated minister-level monitors to push for its early finalisation but it was discussions on regional issues, especially Iran and Syria, that took centre stage at their annual summit here on Friday.
- Shia Lawyer Takhleeq Haider injured in attack of Wahabi terrorsits
Senior Shia Lawyer Takhleeq Haider Naqvi was injured in the firing of armed Nasabi-Wahabi terrorists of outlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi at Gulistan-e-Johar Karachi on late Thursday night.