- Bahrain Sunni-Shia split manifests itself in mistrust
Anti-government protests in Bahrain were suppressed last year with the help of Saudi Arabia, but the tensions between the Sunni leadership and the Shia majority population are never far below the surface.
- Bahrain tear-gases protesters ahead of anniversary
Security forces in Bahrain used tear gas on Sunday against hundreds of protesters trying to approach Manama’s former Pearl Square, the focal point of a month of Shiite-led protests last year, witnesses told AFP.
- Two US women activists deported on charges of aiding Bahraini anti-government protesters
The Bahraini regime has deported two US women on charges of aiding anti-government protesters after arresting them during a demonstration in Manama.
- Turkish Army Bomb Kurdish Rebel Bases North Iraq
Turkish jets have bombed Kurdish rebel hideouts in northern Iraq, home to members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), the army said on Sunday.
- Parts of the casement of the Holy Mausoleum of Hadhrat Abbas to Complete + Pic
The staff of al Abbas holy shrine in drafting factory completed the upper parts of the holy casement (box) of the holy shrine. They are in 18 forms.
- The Anniversary Celebration of Bahrain Revolution at Holy Shrine of Hadhrat Masumah, Qom
A year has been passed from revolution of defenseless Bahraini people, whereas 70 people martyred, many mosques destroyed and holy books of Quran burned.
- Iran to participate in International seminar on Arab Spring in New Delhi
The Islamic Republic of Iran is to attend a three-day International Seminar on Arab Spring at Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi, beginning next week.
- 3 State Senators Bring NYPD Oversight Bill in Wake of Widespread Muslim Surveillance
Three Democratic New York state senators want an independent inspector to oversee the New York Police Department after what they called several abuses, including reports of widespread surveillance of Muslims and the crackdown on Occupy Wall Street protesters.
- Al-Qaeda Responsible for Attacks in Syria: US Officials
In an attempt to divert attention from what the armed groups are perpetrating in Syria against civilians and military members, US “McClatchy” Newspapers reported Saturday that “al-Qaeda is responsible for the recent attacks in Syria.”
- Sadrists deny sending fighters to Syria
Sadrist leader Muqtada al-Sadr’s spokesman denied that the Sadrist Trend sent fighters to Syria, pointing out that the Trend rejects intervening in the internal affairs of any of neighboring countries and vice versa.