- Activists condemn killing of Shia Muslims in Pakistan
In Pakistan, hundreds have taken to the streets in protest against recent bombing which claimed the lives of at least 36 people.
- Bahraini Leader: World must force US to stop arming Bahraini regime
A senior member of the Bahraini opposition has asked the international community to put pressure on the United States to force it to stop supplying weapons and poisonous gas to Bahrain, Press TV reports.
- Toll of Shi’a Martyrs in Parachinar Suicide Blast Mounts to 44 + Name of Martyrs / Government Behind the Attack
The death toll from Friday’s suicide blast and subsequent firing by security forces on protesters in Parachinar rose to 44 on Saturday. A tense calm prevailed as complete shutdown was observed in Parachinar bazaar. All shops, markets, business centres and educational institutions remained closed.
- Shia leader demands arrest of culprits behind double murder
A local Shia leader on Saturday accused the banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba (SSP) of target killing their men and threatened to launch a peaceful protest if the culprits were not arrested within a week.
- Iran Presents Technological Capabilities at Nanotech 2012 Exhibition
TEHRAN (FNA)- Japan Nanotechnology Exhibition, Nanotech 2012, was inaugurated at Tokyo International Exhibitions Center on February 15th with six companies from the Islamic Republic of Iran actively participating in the event, for the fifth consecutive year.
- Bomb suspects ‘were anti-Iran exiles’
Four Iranians suspected of involvement in a botched bomb plot targeting Israeli diplomats in Bangkok were members of an exiled Iranian opposition group which wanted the incident to reflect badly on Teheran, Syedsulaiman Husaini, Shia leader of Thailand, said on Sunday.
- Baghdad suicide bomb kills 19 police
Fourteen cadets and five officers killed in attack on crowd outside police academy in Iraqi capital
- Iran halts oil sales to France, Britain
TEHRAN – Iran has halted its limited oil sales to France and Britain in retaliation for a phased EU ban on Iranian oil that is yet to take full effect, the oil ministry said on Sunday.
- $175m five-star Iraq hotel aims for 2013 finish
The $175m Al Rawdatain Residences hotel project in Karbala, Iraq is aiming for a 2013 completion, reports its developer. The 12-storey hotel project by Range Hospitality was launched in August 2010.
- Fire erupts at Iran’s biggest petrochemical complex, quickly extinguished
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran’s semiofficial Mehr news agency says a fire broke out at the country’s biggest petrochemical facility but was quickly extinguished.