- Oil climbs to 9-month high on Iran tension
Brent crude oil rose to a nine-month high above $123 a barrel late Wednesday morning as supportive Iran-related tensions and supply worries outmatched weak economic data in Europe and China that cast doubt on the global growth outlook.
- US presses Pakistan to allow bases near Iran
Islamabad: The US is reportedly putting pressure on Pakistan to allow Washington to establish intelligence bases in the country’s Balochistan province to gather intelligence on Iran.
- Russia warns against ‘catastrophic’ attack on Iran
MOSCOW — Russia on Wednesday warned a strike against Iran could have “catastrophic” consequences and urged nations not to draw early conclusions from this week’s failed mission by UN nuclear experts.
- UN nuclear inspectors declare Iran mission a disappointment
International Atomic Energy Agency team blocked by authorities in Tehran from visiting suspect site
- Saudi protests, regime crackdown, and ‘Iron Fist’
Saudi Arabia’s Interior Ministry has defended the regime’s ruthless repression of anti-government protests and threatened to use an “iron fist” against protesters.
- Iranian security forces kill 4 Jundullah terrorists
Iranian security forces have killed four members of the Pakistan-based Jundullah terrorist group in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan-and-Baluchestan.
- China buys more oil from Iran
The International Energy Agency (IEA) says China has bought an additional 200,000 barrels per day of Iran’s oil in recent months.
- Many Iraqi families in Iran wish to return home
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A delegation representing the Ministry of Immigration and Displaced, currently visiting Iran, met with the Iraqi ambassador to Iran to discuss Iraqis currently residing in the country and how to facilitate their return to Iraq.
- Iran sets conditions on French, British firms for buying crude
The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) has set conditions on the biggest oil firms in Britain and France for buying Iranian crude.
- Iraq calls EU to facilitate Iranian Mujahidi Khalq requests for Asylum
BAGHDAD/ Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqi Human Rights Minister Mohammed Shia’ al-Sudani called on the European Union to facilitate the immigration requests of some of Iranian opposition organization of Mujahidi Khalq.