- Putin vows independence on Syria, Iran
SAROV, Russia – Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Friday he believes some nations are using fears that Iran could acquire nuclear weapons as a pretext to seek to change the regime.
- UK suspect in Iran missile plot extradited to US
EL PASO, Texas A retired British businessman accused of plotting to sell missile components to Iran arrived in the U.S. late Friday to face charges after failing to overturn an extradition order.
- US spies find no hard evidence Iran building bomb
WASHINGTON US intelligence analysts continue to believe there is no hard evidence that Iran has decided to build a nuclear bomb, The New York Times reported Saturday.
- US bolsters defenses in Strait of Hormuz
The Pentagon has notified US lawmakers of plans to bolster US defenses in and around the Strait of Hormuz to be prepared for a military response against Iran
- Russia urges Syria truce, says rebels share blame
MOSCOW – Russia called on Friday for an urgent ceasefire in the Syrian city of Homs and urged both the government and “armed groups” to cooperate with humanitarian relief efforts by a U.N. envoy and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Iran rapidly expands nuke work: atomic agency
The U.N. nuclear agency says Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last four months
- US, Europe have hegemonistic goals in Syria: China
The United States and Europe are harboring hegemonistic ambitions in Syria, Chinas state news agency said Saturday, a day after Beijing was condemned at an international conference held to find a way to halt the Syrian regimes nearly year-old suppression of an anti-government uprising.
- Saudis hold fresh anti-Al Saud demos
Saudi anti-discrimination protesters have rallied in Eastern Province, calling for the downfall of the ruling Al Saud family.
- Bahrain: Street demonstrations hits fast food delivery
FAST food outlets have been forced to temporarily suspend delivery services to villages across the country due to street demonstrations.