- Syria attacks Saudi over arming opposition calls
DAMASCUS, Syria — Syria lashed out at Saudi Arabia on Saturday, a day after the kingdom’s foreign minister backed the idea of arming the rebels fighting President Bashar Assad’s regime, accusing Riyadh of becoming ‘a partner’ in the bloodshed in Syria.
- Israel inks $1.6 billion arms deal with Azerbaijan
JERUSALEM – Israeli defense officials on Sunday confirmed $1.6 billion in deals to sell drones as well as anti-aircraft and missile defense systems to Azerbaijan, bringing sophisticated Israeli technology to the doorstep of archenemy Iran.
- Large blast hits at eastern Afghan airport
Afghan police say a large explosion has gone off at the gates of Jalalabad airport in eastern Afghanistan.
- 5 culprits in deadly attacks on Shia in Karachi attacks arrested
The Pakistani police have arrested five terrorists involved in the recent deadly attacks on Shia Muslims in Karachi.
- Arming Syrian rebels ‘excellent idea: Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has said that arming the Syrian rebels is “an excellent idea,” following remarks by US President Barack Obama vowing to use every tool available against Damascus.
- Syrians to vote on new constitution
Syrians are set to vote in a referendum on a new constitution that would pave the way for multi-party parliamentary elections within three months.
- Saudi police detain two activists amid uprising
Saudi regime forces have reportedly arrested two people over allegations that they were involved in “anti-government” activities.
- Bahrain opposition says ‘violations’ on rise since probe
Bahrain’s main opposition formation Al-Wefaq said on Saturday that a woman had died from tear gas inhalation, noting that “violations” by the authorities have increased over the past several months.
- Iran refuses to deliver 500k-barrel oil shipment to Greece
Iran has refused to deliver a 500,000-barrel shipment of oil to Greece in response to EU oil sanctions imposed against the country.