- Bahraini troops attack protesters supporting activist al-Khawaja
Saudi-backed Bahraini forces have attacked protesters demanding the release of prominent rights activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja.
- Bahraini Regime Claims Al-Khawaja in Good Health
Bahraini regime denied late on Monday that the prominent human rights activists Abdulhadi al-Khawaja has died, claiming the hunger striker was in god health.
- Iran dismantles Jundullah-affiliated terrorist group
Iran has dismantled a terrorist cell affiliated with the Pakistan-based Jundullah group, which had recently infiltrated into the Iranian territory to carry out acts of terrorism and sabotage.
- Iran designs passenger jet to carry 150 people
Iranian Deputy Science Minister for Reaserch Affairs Mohammad Mehdi-Nejad said the country’s researchers have started designing passenger jet capable to carry 150 people.
- Iranian Grand Shia Cleric Hamedani: “Saudi Arabia Behind Wahhabi Crimes”
Iranian Grand Shi’a cleric denounced extremist measures of the Wahhabis in killing Shia Muslims in some countries urging Muslim communities for more vigilance and unity.
- Protest in Karachi against sectarian violence
Karachi: The Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen on Tuesday organised a rally and a sit-in at the Purani Numaish here, against the target killing of Shia activists and the recent sectarian violence that claimed more than two dozen lives in Gilgit.
- Army, judiciary urged to end sectarian violence in Pakistan
LONDON: The largest Shia organisation in Europe has called on the Government of Pakistan to call out the military or whatever else it takes to end the relentless and targeted killings of Shias in Pakistani heartlands.
- Syrian foreign minister in Moscow for talks
MOSCOW – A Russian diplomat said on Monday that Moscow was working with the Syrian authorities to seek an end to violence and the start of talks with their opponents, but stopped short of publicly pressing the government to meet a military withdrawal deadline.
- Iraq parliament approves rights commission
BAGHDAD – Iraqi MPs have approved the first independent human rights commission in the countrys history, with a remit to track rights violations, lawmaker Ashwaq al-Jaff said on Tuesday.
- Iran urges honesty in crucial nuclear talks
Iran urged ‘honesty’ at crucial talks with world powers due to be held this week in order to defuse a tense international showdown over its disputed nuclear activities.