- Ethnic cleansing of Shia Muslims in PoK
New Delhi: In Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan’s only Shia dominated province ethnic cleansing is being carried out systematically, away from media glare and international attention. Hundreds of Shia Muslims staged a protest in front of the Lahore Press Club on April 10th urging the media to pressurize the Pakistani government to stop the atrocities on its community in Gilgit Baltistan. On April 9th a rally was held in Kargil against targeted killings in GB and local leaders appealed to the Indian government to take up the issue with the international community.
- Kofi Annan seeks Iran’s help in Syria crisis
TEHRAN, Iran – Special envoy Kofi Annan said Wednesday in Tehran that Iran could help solve the crisis in Syria, where activists reported fresh violence near the capital Damascus a day before an international cease-fire is supposed to take effect.
- Nahjul-Balaqah Conference to Be Held in Iran
The second edition of “Nahjul-Balaqah and Human Sciences” National Conference is to be held in late April in Bu Ali Sina (Avicenna) University in Hamedan.
- Shi’a Muslims call for 10-day strike in SW Pakistan
Pakistan’s Shi’a Hazara Democratic Party has announced a 10-day strike to protest the targeted killings of Hazara Shia Muslims in the southwestern province of Balochistan.
- Danish prime minister: Bahraini activist Khawaja in critical condition
Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt says prominent Bahraini human rights activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja is in a “critical condition.”
- Japan seeks investment opportunities in holy Shia city of Karbala
Japan’s embassy councilor said on Tuesday that he visits Karbala to seek promising investment opportunities for Japanese companies.
- Bahraini Top Shi’a Cleric’s son starts hunger strike in London
Ali Moshayma, 28, is son of Sheikh Hassan Moshayma, a well-known Bahraini activist and leader of “al-Haqq Movement” who started hunger strike last week to support Abdulhadi al-Khawaje, a well-known political prisoner in Bahrain who is on hunger strike, too.
- Thirty Three Syrian Army, Law-enforcement Laid to Rest
The bodies of 33 army and law enforcement martyrs on Tuesday were escorted from Tishreen , Zahi Azraq, and Aleppo Military Hospitals in Damascus, Lattakia and Aleppo to their final resting place.
- Bahrain pro-al Khalifa thugs attack number of villages, beating residents
Pro-government thugs in Bahrain have attacked several villages near the capital, Manama, whose residents oppose rule of Al Khalifa dynasty.
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia, panic grips India
NEW DELHI/HONG KONG – Two massive quakes shook Sumatra in Indonesia Wednesday, triggering a tsunami alert in 28 countries including India and panic all across India’s east coast. There were no reports of casualties.