- Al Arabiya, Al Jazeera fabricate facts on Syria: Figures reveal
Contrasting figures released by the Al Arabiya and Al Jazeera channels on the death toll in Syria reveal how the two Arab media outlets fabricate news reports on the developments in Syria on the basis of obscure sources.
- Protesters stage anti-government rallies in Saudi Arabia
Anti-government demonstrators in Saudi Arabia have once again taken to the streets in the east of the oil-rich kingdom to protest against the ruling dynasty.
- Lull in Syria fighting after UN truce deadline
Syrian flashpoints of the 13-month uprising against President Bashar Assad were quiet, activists said, suggesting a U.N.-brokered truce was starting to take hold.
- Bahrain okays key statute changes
MANAMA — The Lower house approved on Wednesday constitutional amendments that covered 19 clauses, mainly related to empowering the Bahraini parliament.
- Syrian people urge Army not to withdraw under Annan deal
Syrians in Homs have urged the Army not to withdraw from the western city as has been required by a peace plan proposed by the special UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan.
- Curfew cripples Shiite life in Gilgit for ninth consecutive day, 24 Shia Muslims held in Gilgit
The Shi’a people of Gilgit and other districts of Gilgit-Baltistan continued to suffer due to the uncertain law and order situation there and curfew, which was imposed for the ninth consecutive day on Wednesday, however, Law Enforcement Agencies personnel have arrested 24 Shia Muslims from Gilgit in the different raids.
- Shia to offer Friday prayers in front of parliament in protest
Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen has announced to offer Friday prayers in front of parliament to protest sectarian violence in northern Pakistan.
- Pakistani women stage protest rally against Shia killings
Hundreds of Pakistani women have taken to the streets in the capital, Islamabad, to express their outrage over the killings of Shia Muslims in the conflict-riddled Asian country, Press TV reports.