- Nearly 400 escape in Northwest Pakistan jailbreak
Some 384 prisoners including militants escaped early Sunday from a jail in northwestern Pakistan after an attack by insurgents armed with guns, grenades and rockets, officials said.
- 222 killed in five days of Yemen clashes: Official
ADEN — At least 222 people including 183 militants have been killed in five days of clashes around the strategic south Yemen town of Loder which Al Qaeda is trying to seize, a security official said on Saturday.
- Key talks on Iran’s nuclear issue positive: EU official
ISTANBUL — A new Iranian willingness to discuss its nuclear programme in crunch talks with world powers on Saturday raises the chances of a second round of more in-depth negotiations soon, diplomats said.
- UN Council okays Syria observers
NEW YORK — The UN Security Council on Saturday voted unanimously in favour of a Western-drafted resolution to send observers to monitor a shaky truce in Syria, where the latest reports claim sporadic violence has killed 12 people.
- Syrians not allowed to enter Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj
Umrah performers from all over the world have started to arrive in Jeddah, but Syrian people are banned from doing Umrah this year due to the cancellation of all flights and bus trips, according to a member of the Haj and Umrah committee at the Makkah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI).
- Bahrainis to protest outside British embassy after F1 approval
Activists are to hold a protest rally outside the British embassy in the Bahraini capital of Manama after former Metropolitan police deputy chief told world Formula 1 authorities that the Persian Gulf kingdom is calm and ready for the Grand Prix motor race.
- Russian military source : Russian warships heading for Syria
A high-ranking source in the Russian defense ministry says several Russian warships are on their way to the Mediterranean Sea to guard Syrian coasts for the foreseeable future.
- Anti-Islam Terrorists Gunmen Martyr Eight Shia Muslims in Pakistan
Attackers on motorcycle stage two sectarian attacks in south-western city of Quetta, leaving eight Shi’a Muslims martyred…
- Al-Wefaq: 15 year-old Bahraini protester in critical condition after being shot by security forces
The main opposition movement in Bahrain, Al-Wefaq Party, also said on Saturday that a 15 year-old protester was in critical condition after being shot by security forces.
- 85th Bahraini Shi’a Run Over by Police Car Martyrs in Hospital
Another Bahraini protester has martyred in hospital after being run over by a police car during a protest rally in the Persian Gulf country, Bahrain al Wasat news reported.