- Amnesty International condemned Saudi Arabia for sentencing Shi’a rights activist al-Bajadi
Amnesty International has lashed out at Saudi Arabia for reportedly handing down a four-year-prison term to prominent human rights activist Mohammed bin Saleh al-Bajadi.
- Bahrain arrests protest leaders ahead of F1
Bahrain has arrested at least 60 Shiite protest leaders in recent days to try to prevent widespread unrest ahead of the country’s controversial Formula One Grand Prix this week.
- Bahraini hunger striker to refuse IV fluids, drink water
Jailed Bahraini Shia activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, who is on a hunger strike, will refuse intravenous infusions from Wednesday and drink only water, his wife said.
- First Phase of Imam al-Hadi’s son Minarets to be done
Engineering staff of al Abbas holy shrine and the staff of al Quds Land Co. Completed the first phase to put gold to the minarets of Sayed Mohammed, the son of al imam Ali al Hadi.
- Protest demo in front of Pak embassy
HOUSTON: A protest demonstration was organized by the Muslim Congress of USA in front of Pakistan Embassy in Washington against the target killing of the Shia community members of Pakistan and terrorist activities, which includes bomb blast on the holy places & processions of the Shia community in Pakistan A large number of protesters from two big cities of Texas Houston and Dallas participated in the demonstration.
- Yet another Shia gunned down in city
KARACHI – The vice principal of Jinnah Polytechnic College (JPC) was gunned down in North Nazimabad by unidentified armed men in an apparent sectarian killing on Tuesday.
- Bahrain’s rulers split over fate of rights activist
Shadow hangs over Formula One race as hardliners block hunger-striker’s release
- Amnesty blasts Bahrain’s reform efforts
LONDON, April 17 (UPI) — “Half-hearted” efforts to address serious human rights concerns in Bahrain aren’t enough for grievous violations, Amnesty International said.
- Iraq”s Al-Najaf airport receives first Kuwaiti flight in over 20 years
BAGHDAD, April 17 (KUNA) — Al-Najaf International Airport on Tuesday received a flight of Jazeera Airways, the first trip by a Kuwaiti aircraft company to Iraq in . more than 20 years
- Best Books on Mahdiism to be lauded
General manager of Culture and Islamic Guidance Administration of Qom Province has announced that the first Biennial Book of Mahdiism Conference will be held on June 28, 2012 parallel at Yavaran Mahdi Cultural Complex in Qom.