- Iran asks EU to reconsider sanctions on oil exports
Iran’s Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi on Thursday asked the European Union (EU) to reconsider its sanctions on the Islamic republic’s oil exports.
- Fatimiyah Mourning rituals held in Istanbul
ISTANBUL, Turkey: Marking Fatimiyah Mourning Days to commemorate the martyrdom anniversary of Sayydah Fatimah az-zahra (S), the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (S), majalis al-azaiyah were held in Turkey.
- Iraq says OIC will not meet in Baghdad after members’ pressures
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Organization of Islamic Cooperation conference will not be held in Baghdad this year as a result of the pressures made by the members of the organization, the secretariat general of the Council of Minister said on Wednesday.
- Syria boosts fears of Sunni-Shiite war
BEIRUT, Lebanon, April 19 (UPI) — The bloodbath in Syria is developing into a battle between Islam’s mainstream Sunni sect, led by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, and the breakaway Shiites, led by Iran.
- Quake Hits Southwestern Iran
TEHRAN (FNA)- An earthquake measuring 3.6 on the Richter scale jolted the town of Badareh in Ilam province , Southwestern Iran, on Thursday.
- Thousands of Pakistan Shia clerics participate in the protest rally in Islamabad + Pics
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Against the genocide of Shia Muslims in Pakistan, around ten thousand Pakistan Shia clerics participated in the protest rally lead by the head of Pakistan Shia Ulmaa Council Allama Sajid Ali Naqvi.
- Ex-UK commissioner: Bahraini forces to harshly respond F1 protests
Former British Police commissioner, who is now employed by the Bahraini regime, has claimed that Bahraini forces would harshly respond to anti-regime protests during the Formula One Grand Prix 2012.
- Porsche squad withdraws from Bahrain F1 for security concerns
Porsche Supercup Squad MRS has withdrawn from this weekend’s opening rounds of Bahrain’s Formula One Grand Prix 2012, blaming “ongoing unrest” and “security situation” in the sheikdom.
- Russia, China Seek Drone Data From Iran
TEHRAN, Iran—Iran’s semiofficial Fars news agency said Russia and China have asked Tehran to provide them with information on a U.S. drone captured by the Islamic Republic in December.
- Wave of Iraq attacks kills at least 37
BAGHDAD (AFP) – A wave of apparently coordinated bombing and shooting attacks in seven different provinces across Iraq killed at least 37 people and wounded more than 160 on Thursday, security officials said.