- Hunger striker’s daughter arrested
MANAMA, Bahrain, April 22 (UPI) — Bahraini police arrested the daughter of an opposition activist who has been on a hunger strike in prison for 70 days, officials said.
- Grand Ayatollah Safi: “Shi’a Muslims Paying Toll for Beliefs”
An Iranian Grand Shi’a cleric said the incidents occuring in Iraq and Pakistan are the price Shia are paying for their support of their belief in monotheism, Islam and Qur’an.
- UK playing double games on Syria
British Foreign Secretary William Hague has accused the Syrian government of failing to adhere to the April 12 ceasefire with the rebels amid reports that London is arming rebels to inflame armed conflict in the Middle Eastern country.
- Bahrain stages F1 Grand Prix despite protests
The controversial Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix has taken place despite continuing anti-government protests.
- F1 controversy: Hague calls Bahrain after protester death
William Hague has called the foreign minister of Bahrain to express “concern” about violence in the country as it holds the Formula One Grand Prix.
- Saudi Wahhabis arrested the Shiite citizen Sayyid Mohmmad al-Mosawi
Saudi Wahhabis arrested the Shiite citizen Sayyid Mohmmad al-Mosawi(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – On 21 April 2012 , the Saudi security forces arrested the Shiite citizen, Sayyid Mohmmad Hashim al-Mosawi, from Safwa town in Qatif.
- IMF urges world states to follow Iran in implementing subsidy reforms
Chief of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Christine Lagarde praised Iranian subsidy-cuts plan, and described it as a brave move which should be followed by other countries.
- Iran to build a copy of captured US drone
Iran said Sundaythat it had reverse-engineered an American spy drone captured by its armedforces last year and has begun building a copy.