- Ayyame Fatimiya
Historians differ on date of wafat of Bibi Fatima Zahra. Narrations state that the date is either 75 days or 90 days after the wafat of holy prophet which occurred on 28th Safar 11 A.H. According to Sheikh Abbas Qummi the date would either fall on 13th /14th /15thJamadi al Ula or 3rdJamadi al Thani 11A.H.
- Shia community seeks representation in state government
Demanding induction of some Muslims MLAs the state cabinet, several Muslim organisations of the city have urged the Samajwadi Party state leadership to look into their demands in order to remove regional imbalance.
- 150 police guard Shia leader’s trial
The blasphemy trial of Shiite community leader Tajul Muluk has seen 150 police deployed to guard the Sampang District Court in East Java on Tuesday.
- Martyrdom Anniversary of Hazrat Zahra to Be Mourned (SA) in Iraq
On the occasion of martyrdom anniversary of Hazrat Fatemeh Zahra (SA), Al-Imamayn Al-Kazemayn (AS) Institute in Nasiriyah, Iraq, plans to hold its first annual religious festival on April 26.
- “Hazrat Zahra’s teaching for young families” published
Farhang Ahlalbayt ( Culture of Ahlalbayt) publication released a book titled “Hazrat Zahra’s teaching for young families” on the occasion of Hazrat Zahra(S.A) martyrdom.
- Grand Ayatollah Safi: “Science without morality is useless”
Grand Shi’a cleric, Ayatollah Safi Golpaygani, rejected learning sciences without learning morality, criticizing some world powers for not maintaining morality and civilization.
- Stun bomb attack targets senior Shia cleric’s HQ in Karbala
Senior Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Taqi al-Mudaressi’s hawzah (seminary) came under a stun bomb attack on Monday but left no casualties, a source close to the cleric in Karbala said.
- Grand Ayatollah Safi Golpayegani: Wahhabis have Done the Greatest Injustice to Islam
Grand Ayatollah Lotfollah Safi Golpayegani says Wahhabis have done the greatest injustice to Islam.
- Afghan demonstration against religious minority murders
Members of the Afghan community in Austria are to take to the streets in order to protest against the systematic murders of the Hazara-Afghans in Pakistan, who thay say are being persecuted because of being Shia Muslims.
- Bahraini Police Battle Protesters Backing Prisoner
Witnesses say police in Bahrain have used tear gas and water cannon to disperse hundreds of protesters calling for the release of a jailed hunger striker.