- Report Discloses Training of MKO Terrorists by Britain
TEHRAN (FNA)- Britain is part of a covert operation in the Middle-East to train Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, also known as the MEK, PMOI and NCR) terrorists for operations against Iran.
- Top Shiite cleric offices in Iraq attacked
NAJAF, Iraq — Unknown people have attacked the offices of two of Iraq’s top four Shiite clerics in the central city of Najaf with sound bombs, a security official there said on Wednesday.
- Bahrain to hold hunger striker’s daughter al-Khawaja for week
Bahrain has remanded in custody for seven days the daughter of a jailed hunger striker for protesting during last week’s Formula One Grand Prix, her lawyer said Tuesday.
- Sampang Shia Cleric Tajul Muluk Accused of Blasphemy
Sampang Shiite cleric Tajul Muluk, who faced the first hearing of his trial on Tuesday at the Sampang District Court, has been accused of propagating religious blasphemy and insulting Islam, and faces more than five years’ imprisonment if found guilty.
- Four IRGC officers killed by PJAK terrorists
Four members of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) have been killed in clashes with the terrorist Party for Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK) in western Iran.
- ‘US sent death squads into Syria’
An American analyst says the United States has brought death squads into Syria to work as armed gangs and target population groups before Washington attacks the country, Press TV reports.
- Iranians mourn the martyrdom anniversary of Fatima Zahra
Raising black flags to mark the martyrdom anniversary of one of the most revered women in Islam; Iranians mourn the death of Fatima Zahra, Prophet Mohammad’s daughter and one of the most inspiring figures for Shiite Muslims.
- Iraqi Shiite Muslims travel on foot to Mashhad to pay tribute to Hazrat Fatimah
Pilgrimage on foot to the Holy Shrine in the city Mashhad.
- Iraqi Shiite Vice President Fears Taliban-Style Regime in Syria
Iraqi Shiite Vice President Khodair al-Khozaei has warned that a Taliban-style regime may be established in Syria if President Bashar al-Assad is ousted from power, Arab media reported on Wednesday.