- UN observer chief urges all parties to end Syria violence
Major General Robert Mood, head of the UN observer mission in Syria, called on all sides to “stop the violence” upon his arrival in Damascus on Sunday.
- US pastor burns Qurans to urge Iran clergyman release
A controversial Florida pastor has burned copies of the Quran and a depiction of the prophet Mohammad to protest the imprisonment in Iran of a Christian clergyman Youcef Nadarkhani.
- Islamist group claims Syria suicide bombing
An Islamist group calling itself Al-Nusra Front has claimed responsibility on the Internet for a deadly suicide bombing in Damascus this week, the SITE Monitoring Service said on Sunday.
- Bahrain arrests minor for “assault” on police officer
A Bahraini minor was held in custody for assaulting a police officer and taking part in a street gathering in a village south of the capital Manama, his lawyers said in a statement Sunday.
- J-K BJP demands govt intervention in Gilgat-Baltistan
Jammu, Apr 29 (PTI) The J-K unit of BJP today passed a resolution asking the Centre and J&K government to immediately intervene to check human rights violations in Gilgit- Baltistan.
- Bahraini al-Khalifa forces attack, arrest several peaceful protesters in Manama
Bahraini regime forces have arrested several protesters taking part in a demonstration against the ruling Al Khalifa family in the capital, Manama.
- 7 Shi’a Muslims injured, 60 detained during police crackdown on Shia Muslims
At least 7 Shia Muslims were injured due to firing of terrorists and 60 were detained during police crackdown against Shiite Muslims in Khairpur district of Pakistan.
- Top Bahrain Cleric Slams Bahrain’s Brutal Crackdown Against Peaceful Protesters
Senior Bahraini cleric Sheikh Issa Qasim has criticized the Manama regime for the ongoing brutal crackdown against anti-regime protesters in Bahrain.
- Persian Gulf Conference opens in Tehran
The Third Biennial International Conference of the Persian Gulf with themes of history, culture and civilization, attended by prominent researchers and thinkers from Iran and other countries opened in Tehran on Sunday.
- Iraqi PM Welcomes Erbil Meeting to Solve Political Disputes
A prominent Iraqi politician and a senior advisor to Iraqi Prime Minister underlined Nuri al-Maliki’s full support for the current meeting in Erbil in a bid to resolve the ongoing political dispute in the country.