- 3,518 Injured in Iran’s 5.5-magnitude Earthquake
The 5.5-magnitude earthquake in Iran- Iraq border on Thursday has injured 3,518 people, the semi- official Mehr news agency reported Friday.
- Iran begins runoff Parliamentary Elections
Tehran: Iran on Friday began runoff elections for more than one-fifth of the seats in Parliament, state TV reported.
- India to invest in building North-South Corridor in Iran
Managing director of the Islamic Republic of Iran Railways says Indian companies have indicated their willingness to help Iran with the construction of North-South Corridor.
- Iran to build gas pipeline to Iraq
Managing Director of Iran’s Gas Engineering and Development Company says the Islamic Republic is planning to build a gas pipeline to Iraq in order to export gas to its western neighbor.
- Parliamentary election results to be announced on Saturday
Iranian Deputy Interior Minister Solat Mortazavi has said that the final results for the runoff parliamentary election will be announced on Saturday night, within 24 hours from the closure of polling stations, Press TV reports.
- Trial of Iraqi vice-president postponed
The trial of Tariq Al-Hashemi, Iraqi vice-president charged with several counts of murder, has been adjourned till May 10.
- UN says Syria plan on ‘track’ amid violence
The UN-backed peace plan for Syria is on “track”, the office of international mediator Kofi Annan has said, as activists reported renewed violence in the country.
- Demonstrations as Bahrain opposition says reform “not enough”
Thousands of Bahrainis took to the streets on Friday in a demonstration called by the opposition to protest against constitutional reforms that they say are not enough.
- Afghans condemn Hazara killings in Pakistan
Hundreds of Hazara Shia have taken to the streets of the Afghan capital, Kabul, to protest against what they call the targeted killings of members of their minority group in neighbouring Pakistan.
- Thousands of Yemenis hold anti-US, Saudi demo in Sa’ada
Yemenis have staged a demonstration in Sa’ada to condemn US and Saudi meddling in their country.