- Bahraini activists appeals hearing delayed
An appeals hearing for 13 Bahraini opposition members, including prominent human rights activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, have been delayed for two weeks.
- First Shia Muslims Hussayniyat inaugurated in Egypt + Pic
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – His Eminence Sheikh Ali Korani (Lebanese Shia Figure ) has inaugurated the first Shia Hussayniyat in Egypt during his visit to Cairo.
- 1.4 Million Pilgrims Benefit from Astan-e Quds Razavi’s Quranic Activities Annually
Head of Quran and Hadith Education Department of Astan-e Quds Razavi said every year some 1.4 million pilgrims of Imam Reza (AS) holy shrine benefit from the department’s Quranic programs.
- Interpol issues call for Iraq VP’s arrest
Interpol called for the arrest of Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi at the request of Iraqi authorities yesterday on suspicion of planning attacks, a move likely to complicate attempts to defuse Iraq’s political crisis.
- Grand Iranian Shia Cleric Denounces Saudi Arabia Over Islamic Architecture Demolition
Grand Iranian Shia cleric condemned demolition of Islamic historical architecture calling the act a blemish for Al Saud.
- Iran complains Of nuclear double standards
Dubai: World powers should focus on scrapping nuclear weapons and abiding by their own non-proliferation commitments rather than speculating about Iran’s peaceful atomic work, the Iranian foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
- UN nuke inspector dies in Iran car crash
TEHRAN, Iran — A UN nuclear inspector from South Korea was killed and a colleague was injured in a car crash yesterday near a reactor site in central Iran, state media and the nuclear watchdog agency said.
- Mideast nuclear conference in jeopardy as Iran, Arab nations condemn Israel
VIENNA – Hopes dimmed Monday for staging major nuclear talks later this year between Israel and its Muslim rivals, as Iran and Arab countries at a 189-nation conference accused Israel of being the greatest threat to peace in the region and Egypt warned that Arab states might rethink their opposition to atomic arms.
- Iran a key country for India’s energy needs: SM Krishna
NEW DELHI: Responding to American demands on reducing oil imports from Iran, India on Tuesday pushed back, saying Iran was “a key country” for India’s energy needs.
- Bahrain king opposes reforms, people demands
The Bahraini King has recently changed certain articles of the country’s constitution to control the situation and put an end to protests. Demonstrations staged immediately after the King’s decision in Bahrain showed that such amendments failed to win the public opinion.