- Iran’s IAEA envoy calls for review of NPT mechanisms
The Iranian ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has called for a review of mechanisms within the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) to prevent any damage on member states.
- Putin instructs ministry to seek diplomacy on Iran nuclear issue
Russian President Vladimir Putin has instructed the country’s Foreign Ministry to examine, find and promote ways for an ‘exclusively diplomatic’ settlement of the dispute over Iran’s nuclear energy program.
- Wahhabi Extremists Martyred Shia Ulema Council’s district president
Haji Shafqat Sheerazi embraced martyrdom on 9th May 2012, after was seriously injured due to firing of Wahhabi terrorists of banned Sipah-e-Sahaba in Shahdadkot city.
- Trial of Iraqi vice president delayed again
Hashemi’s trial in absentia was due to kick off last week but was postponed at the request of his lawyers.
- ‘Arms flowing’ between Lebanon and Syria
UN special envoy says weapons are being smuggled in both directions, and warns region is “at brink of war”.
- Bahrain okays tough law against assault on police
MANAMA — Bahrain’s lower house has approved tougher punishments of five and seven years jail term for attacking police and military personnel.
- Dozens dead in twin Damascus blasts
At least 55 people killed in pair of explosions near intelligence complex in Syrian capital, interior ministry says.
- China, Russia call for end to Syria violence
China and Russia on Thursday urged all parties in Syria to “stop violence” after suicide attackers detonated massive bombs in Damascus during morning rush hour, killing at least 55 people.
- Maliki says Turkish remarks do not show respect
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki criticised Turkey on Thursday for remarks he said did not show “mutual respect”, in the latest bout of a weeks-long spat between the two neighbours.
- ‘Saudis, Bahrainis to continue their march against Al Saud, Al Khalifa’
Saudi Arabia’s Eastern province has been hit by yet another anti-government protest rally in which demonstrators have condemned the long-time rule of Al Saud for its suppression of protests.