- Bahraini People Plan to Stage Protest Rally against Annexation of Bahrain to S. Arabia TEHRAN (FNA)- A key opposition coalition in Bahrain called on people in the Persian Gulf island to stage nationwide rallies on Monday to voice their wrath and opposition against a recent plot hatched by Saudi Arabia to annex Bahrain to its territories.
- The closely watched crackdown on Iran’s Internet access experienced another major development this week involving email access to the rest of the world. According to a new report from AFP, an order from the country’s telecommunications minister dictates that all telephone companies, banks, and insurance firms are prohibited from using foreign email services such as Google’s Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Microsoft’s Hotmail.
- (Reuters) – The United Nations nuclear watchdog signaled on Monday it would press Iran for access to a military installation where it suspects Iran has built a chamber for high-explosive tests that could serve to develop atomic bombs.
- TEHRAN (FNA)- The International Atomic Energy Agency’s Deputy Director-General Herman Nackaerts, who heads the IAEA delegation in nuclear talks with Iran, said after the start of negotiations with the Iranian team in Vienna on Monday that he is optimistic about continued talks with Tehran.
- SYRIA’S conflict has started to spread, with running clashes across the border in Lebanon between supporters and opponents of President Bashar al-Assad.
- Wahhabi Armed men have assassinated the Imam of the Ruqayya mosque, Sheikh Abbas al-Laham in the Syrian capital Damascus.
- (Reuters) – Syrian rebels killed 23 government soldiers on Monday, activists said, and efforts to find a viable political alternative to Bashar al-Assad faltered when an opposition group said it would boycott Arab-backed talks to unite its splintered ranks.
- Egyptian police raided the Cairo office of Iranian television channel, Al-Alam, confiscating its equipment after it was found to be operating without license, a security source said on Monday.
- TEHRAN: Iran will launch next week an experimental observation satellite, on the day of talks with world powers over its controversial nuclear programme, the official IRNA news agency reported on Monday.
- Russia remains opposed to new sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program and is not considering them at present, Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov said on Monday.