- Cyber-attacks “bought us time” on Iran: U.S. sources
(Reuters) – The United States under former President George W. Bush began building a complex cyber-weapon to try to prevent Tehran from completing suspected nuclear weapons work without resorting to risky military strikes against Iranian facilities, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the program said.
- Yemeni Shia Houthis need assurances to engage in dialogue
Members of Yemens Committee for Dialogue have arrived in the countrys northern province of Saada to hold talks with the Shia group.
- Supporters of kidnapped Shia pilgrims protest in Souths Shihin
Sympathizers of the Lebanese Shia pilgrims who were kidnapped in Syria protested on Friday in the southern town of Shihin, the National News Agency reported.
- Iran commanders trip to disputed islands frays UAE nerves
According to Michael Stephens, a researcher at the Royal United Services Institute Qatar, Iran has stationed a few hundred soldiers on the disputed islands along with some long-range – and inaccurate – HY-2 Silkworm anti-ship missiles
- Syrian armed group says it is holding Lebanese Shias
A previously unknown armed group calling itself the “Syrian Revolutionaries – Aleppo Province” said on Thursday that it is holding a group of Lebanese Shia pilgrims who went missing last week.
- Tweeter gets six months for insulting Shiites
Kuwait City Kuwaits court of appeals has reduced a seven-year jail term of a Sunni tweeter to a six-month imprisonment for allegedly insulting the Shiite minority, his lawyer said.
- Officials: Drive-by shooting, roadside bomb kill 2 in Iraqi capital
BAGHDAD Iraqi police say a drive-by shooting and a roadside bomb have killed a motorist and a government official in Baghdad.
- Syria: Fears of civil war deepen as violence continues
It began with a bang, and ended with the whimpers of butchered children.
- ASF men booked under criminal charges
Police booked more than six officials of the Airport Security Force (ASF) under six criminal charges, including the offence of armed robbery, for their alleged involvement in flogging a Saudi Air Force officer at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA) here on Thursday, police sources said.
- Pakistan: A Shia Muslim ‘Mohammad Ali’ Martyred by the Saudi Funded Terrorists
According to the sources a Shia man was gunned down by Wahhabi terrorists of Sipah e Sahaba on joint Road in Quetta.